|4:00 PM PT5:00 PM MT6:00 PM CT7:00 PM ET23:00 GMT7:00 4:00 PM MST6:00 PM EST3:00 UAE (+1)00:0019:00 ET5:00 PM CT22:00 , June 22, 2022
Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, Connecticut Attendance: 4,652
New York makes 13 3-pointers in win over Sun
- Australia's Liz Cambage leaves WNBA 'for the time being'
- WNBA's Brittney Griner appeals her Russian prison sentence
- Wings soar past Sparks with 41-point second quarter
- Aces wrap up No. 1 playoff seed with 109-100 win over Storm
- Sky take No. 2 seed in playoffs after cruising past Mercury
- Howard delivers playoff-clinching win for Liberty over Dream
- Mystics hand Fever WNBA-record 18th consecutive defeat
- Sylvia Fowles' career ends with 4K rebounds; Sun top Lynx
- Storm secure No. 4 seed, spoil Fowles' home finale for Lynx
- Mercury beat Wings, move into 7th place tie with New York
UNCASVILLE, Conn. (AP) Stefanie Dolson scored 16 points, including one of New York's 13 3-pointers with 1:29 left, and Sabrina Ionescu had 11 points, 11 rebounds and six assists to help the Liberty beat the Connecticut Sun 81-77 on Wednesday night.
New York set a season high for first-half points with 51 after shooting 48.7% from the field, including 10 of 21 behind the arc. Six different New York players made a 3-pointer in the first half, including every starter. The Liberty finished at 44.9% overall, going 13 of 32 from behind the arc.
Sami Whitcomb made her fourth 3-pointer, capping a 7-0 run, to extend New York's lead to 65-54 midway through the third quarter.
Whitcomb and Natasha Howard each scored 14 points and Marine Johannes added 11 for New York (7-10). Ionescu missed a free throw with 8.7 seconds left to break her string of 36 straight makes.
Courtney Williams scored 16 points for Connecticut (12-6). Jonquel Jones, Brionna Jones and DeWanna Bonner each scored 12, and Natisha Hiedeman added 11 points.
More AP women's basketball: https://apnews.com/hub/womens-basketball and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated June 22, 2022