Colorado's Cole Bassett leaves US camp, headed to Dutch team
European Football Headlines
- Liverpool-Crystal Palace Preview
- Tottenham Hotspur-Chelsea Preview
- Brighton & Hove Albion-Leicester City Preview
- Burnley-Arsenal Preview
- Manchester City-Southampton Preview
- Wolverhampton-Brentford Preview
- West Ham United-Manchester United Preview
- Newcastle United-Leeds United Preview
- Aston Villa-Everton Preview
- Norwich City-Watford Preview
PHOENIX (AP) Colorado midfielder Cole Bassett has left U.S. training camp following a report he has a deal to be loaned to the Dutch club Feyenoord.
Bassett left Wednesday night, the U.S. Soccer Federation said Friday.
Voetbal International, a Dutch soccer magazine, reported Friday that Feyenoord is acquiring Bassett on a 1 1/2-season loan.
A 20-year-old from Littleton, Colorado, Bassett made his Major League Soccer debut in 2018 and has 13 goals in 72 regular-season games.
He made his U.S. national team debut on Dec. 18 and scored in the 89th minute of a 1-0 exhibition win over Bosnia and Herzegovina.
American players from MLS have been training in Phoenix ahead of upcoming World Cup qualifiers that start Jan. 27.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 14, 2022