KC's Pulido needs knee surgery and will miss MLS season
European Football Headlines
- Liverpool-Crystal Palace Preview
- Tottenham Hotspur-Chelsea Preview
- Brighton & Hove Albion-Leicester City Preview
- Burnley-Arsenal Preview
- Manchester City-Southampton Preview
- Wolverhampton-Brentford Preview
- West Ham United-Manchester United Preview
- Newcastle United-Leeds United Preview
- Aston Villa-Everton Preview
- Norwich City-Watford Preview
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) Mexican forward Alan Pulido needs knee surgery and will miss Sporting Kansas City's entire 2022 Major League Soccer season.
The team said Tuesday that Pulido will have surgery Monday with Drs. Bert Mandelbaum and Clint Soppe in Los Angeles. Expected recovery time is nine months to a year.
Pulido, 30, had eight goals in 21 league games last year in his second season with Kansas City. He played previously for Tigers (2010-14), Greece's Levadiakos (2015) and Olympiakos (2015-16) and Chivas (2016-19).
He has five goals in 20 appearances for Mexico. He was on the 2014 World Cup roster but did not get in a game.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 11, 2022