No. 15 Marquette women defeat Villanova 91-55
Womens College Headlines
- Media panel picks South Carolina to win SEC women's title
- UConn women unanimous choice atop AAC poll
- Review of hoops program recommends adviser for Memphis coach
- Pac-12 Commissioner: Serious concerns with California law
- Dawn Staley quickly gets back to work at South Carolina
- C. Vivian Stringer of Rutgers to receive Legends of Coaching
- New Lady Vols coach Harper savors return to her alma mater
- NCAA: Georgia Tech transfers eligible to play for Louisville
VILLANOVA, Pa. (AP) Natisha Hiedeman scored 24 points Friday to lead No. 15 Marquette past Villanova 91-55.
Danielle King made all eight shots to finish with 17 points and Erika Davenport had 16 points and 11 rebounds for her third double-double for the Golden Eagles (13-3, 4-0 Big East).
Mary Gedaka had 14 points and Kelly Jekot 13 for Villanova (10-5, 2-3). The Wildcats trailed 21-19 after the first quarter but were held to five points in the second quarter. Marquette led 47-24 at halftime.
Hiedeman went 7 of 14 from the field and 6 of 6 from the line. Marquette shot 50 percent from the field and scored 31 points off fast breaks.
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated January 11, 2019