Mitchell scores 28, No. 16 Ohio State women top Illini 88-69
Womens College Headlines
- Green Bay women beat No. 16 Missouri for first win of season
- Williams scores 21 in No. 7 Stanford's 96-62 win over Dons
- Mompremier leads No. 24 Miami women over No. 19 Marquette
- Howard leads No. 6 Mississippi St past Lamar 104-53
- No. 21 South Florida women beat Bethune-Cookman 88-39
- No. 11 Texas women has easy time against McNeese, wins 96-40
- No. 4 Baylor women put 7 in double figures in 94-49 win
- No. 17 NC State women beat SEC-foe Vanderbilt 74-54
- Sloppy No. 10 S Carolina grinds out 69-57 win over Clemson
- Hebard helps No. 3 Oregon women overwhelm Utah State 88-58
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP) Kelsey Mitchell scored 28 points with five 3-pointers, Linnae Harper had 20 points and 12 rebounds, and No. 16 Ohio State bounced back for an 88-69 victory over Illinois on Tuesday night.
Mitchell sank a wide open 3-pointer early in the first quarter to extend her NCAA record to 84 straight games with a made 3. Lexie Brown (Duke) and Aliyah Mazyck (UCLA) are tied for second for the longest current streak among power five conferences at 25 games.
Stephanie Mavunga added 14 points and Sierra Calhoun 11 for Ohio State (21-6, 10-3 Big Ten), which fell to nonconference foe South Florida 84-65 on Sunday.
Mitchell trails WNBA star Brittney Griner (Baylor) by 67 points for third on the NCAA career-points list.
Alex Wittinger had a career-high 30 points, 16 rebounds and three blocks for Illinois (9-18, 0-13). Ali Andrews added 15 points on five 3-pointers.
Updated February 13, 2018