Watson, No. 15 Maryland women beat Albany 91-58
Womens College Headlines
- Williams scores 21 in No. 7 Stanford's 96-62 win over Dons
- Mompremier leads No. 24 Miami women over No. 19 Marquette
- Howard leads No. 6 Mississippi St past Lamar 104-53
- No. 21 South Florida women beat Bethune-Cookman 88-39
- No. 11 Texas women has easy time against McNeese, wins 96-40
- No. 4 Baylor women put 7 in double figures in 94-49 win
- No. 17 NC State women beat SEC-foe Vanderbilt 74-54
- Sloppy No. 10 S Carolina grinds out 69-57 win over Clemson
- Hebard helps No. 3 Oregon women overwhelm Utah State 88-58
- No. 9. Maryland women romp over George Washington 69-30
COLLEGE PARK, Md. (AP) Blair Watson made four 3-pointers and scored 16 points, Stephanie Jones had her first career double-double with 11 points, 18 rebounds, and six steals, and No. 15 Maryland beat Albany 91-58 on Friday night.
Before the game, Maryland players received their Big Ten championship rings.
Kristen Confroy and Brianna Fraser each scored 14 points for Maryland. Fraser also grabbed 10 rebounds as the Terrapins outrebounded Albany 60-42. Kaila Charles had 13 points and eight rebounds. Jones also had four assists and three blocks.
Maryland went on a 30-2 run in the second quarter to take a 44-18 lead at halftime.
Jessica Fequiere was 8 of 15 from the field, including 5 of 7 beyond the 3-point arc, and scored 21 points for Albany. Great Danes coach Joanna Bernabei-McNamee was an assistant at Maryland from 2003-07.
The Terrapins will face No. 4 South Carolina, the defending national champion, on Monday.
Updated November 10, 2017