White, No. 18 Florida State women beat North Florida, 109-51
Womens College Headlines
- Green Bay women beat No. 16 Missouri for first win of season
- Williams scores 21 in No. 7 Stanford's 96-62 win over Dons
- Mompremier leads No. 24 Miami women over No. 19 Marquette
- Howard leads No. 6 Mississippi St past Lamar 104-53
- No. 21 South Florida women beat Bethune-Cookman 88-39
- No. 11 Texas women has easy time against McNeese, wins 96-40
- No. 4 Baylor women put 7 in double figures in 94-49 win
- No. 17 NC State women beat SEC-foe Vanderbilt 74-54
- Sloppy No. 10 S Carolina grinds out 69-57 win over Clemson
- Hebard helps No. 3 Oregon women overwhelm Utah State 88-58
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) Chatrice White had a career-high 21 points and 12 rebounds and Imani Wright added 17 points and eight assists to help Florida State beat North Florida 109-51 on Friday night in the season opener for both teams.
AJ Alix hit 5-of-8 3-pointers and finished with 17 points and Shakayla Thomas had 16 points and nine rebounds for Florida State. Nicki Ekhomu scored 18 of her 20 points in the second half and finished with 13 rebounds.
Wright found White for a layup within five seconds and Degbeon scored five points during a 9-2 opening run and the Seminoles never trailed. A jumper by Thomas gave the Seminoles a 10-point lead late in the first quarter and Alix hit three of Florida State's six second-quarter 3-pointers to make it 43-16 at halftime.
North Florida made just three of its first 16 field-goal attempts and finished shooting 30 percent, hitting just 4 of 21 from 3-point range.
Florida State outrebounded the Ospreys 62-22, including 23-7 on the offensive end, and scored 30 second-chance points. The Seminoles set a school record for points in a quarter with 36 in the third.
Keonna Farmer led North Florida with 17 points.
Updated November 10, 2017