Islanders agree to 1-year deal with forward Jan Kovar
- Kucherov has 5 points, Tampa extends run
- McAvoy's OT goal pushes Bruins' run to 6
- DeBrincat's 5 points help 'Hawks hold on
- Ovechkin's 2 goals get Caps by Kings
- Frolik, Backlund lead Flames by Coyotes
NEW YORK (AP) The New York Islanders have agreed to a one-year, $2 million contract with forward Jan Kovar.
Kovar chose the Islanders among several teams interested in signing him.
The 28-year-old Kovar played the past five seasons in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League with Magnitogorsk Metallurg, averaging more than a point per game with 286 points (97 goals and 189 assists) in 285 games.
Prior to his years in the KHL, Kovar played for Plzen HC in the Czech Extraliga. He scored 162 points (60 goals and 102 assists) in 236 games.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/tag/NHLhockey
Updated July 9, 2018