Coyotes acquire defenseman Robbie Russo from Red Wings
- Preds' Watson to return from suspension
- Pens send Hagelin to Kings for Pearson
- Pens give GM Rutherford 3-year extension
- Crosby dealing with upper-body injury
- Preds may have NHL's best goalie combo
GLENDALE, ARIZ. (AP) The Arizona Coyotes acquired defenseman Robbie Russo from the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday for a conditional seventh-round pick next year.
The 25-year-old former Notre Dame player had nine goals, 23 assists and 81 penalty minutes in 75 games last season for Grand Rapids in the American Hockey League. He had two penalty minutes in 19 games for Detroit in 2016-17.
The 6-foot, 192-pound defenseman was drafted by the New York Islanders in the fourth round in 2011 and signed with the Red Wings as free agent in August 2015. He's from Westmont, Illinois.
Updated June 24, 2018