Leafs sign defenseman Carrick to 1-year, $1.3 million deal
- Preds' Watson to return from suspension
- Pens send Hagelin to Kings for Pearson
- Pens give GM Rutherford 3-year extension
- Crosby dealing with upper-body injury
- Preds may have NHL's best goalie combo
TORONTO (AP) The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed defenseman Connor Carrick to a one-year contract worth $1.3 million.
The 24-year-old had 12 points (four goals, eight assists) in 47 games with the Maple Leafs this past season.
In 167 games with the Maple Leafs and Washington Capitals, he has nine goals and 21 assists.
Carrick was acquired by Toronto in a trade with Washington on Feb. 28, 2016.
He was originally selected in the fifth round (137th overall) of the 2012 draft.
More NHL hockey: https://apnews.com/tag/NHLhockey
Updated June 20, 2018