New Jersey Devils sign Russian defenseman Egor Yakovlev
- Palmieri scores again, Devils now 4-0-0
- Johnson scores 3 as Tampa beats 'Canes
- MacKinnon sets record but Rangers win SO
- Boeser lifts Canucks over Pens in OT
- Flyers blow lead but top Panthers in SO
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) The New Jersey Devils have signed Russian defenseman Egor Yakovlev to a one-year, entry-level contract.
General manager Ray Shero announced the move Monday.
Yakovlev has spent the past six seasons in the KHL with SKA St. Petersburg and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl. He had five goals and four assists in 35 games this past season with St. Petersburg.
The 26-year-old won a gold medal with the Olympic Athletes from Russia at the Pyeongchang Games in February.
More NHL hockey: https://apnews.com/tag/NHLhockey
Updated May 21, 2018