Hawks sign rookie Jaylen Morris to multiyear deal
- Smart sparks Celts to 3-2 lead on Bucks
- Westbrook gets fine, tech; no suspension
- 76ers look to close out Heat in Game 5
- Warriors again try to eliminate Spurs
- Cavs confident with Pacers series evened
ATLANTA (AP) The Atlanta Hawks have signed rookie guard Jaylen Morris to a multiyear contract.
Morris earned the deal after previously signing two 10-day contracts, the latter on March 11.
Morris, from Molloy College, has averaged 4.7 points in six games with Atlanta. He averaged 12.6 points while starting 39 games for the Hawks' G League Erie affiliate.
The signing comes one week after Atlanta signed another guard, Antonius Cleveland, who also played on two 10-day contracts.
The Hawks needed additional backcourt depth after losing starter Kent Bazemore to a season-ending knee injury.
More NBA basketball: https://apnews.com/tag/NBAbasketball
Updated March 21, 2018