Hawks sign rookie Jaylen Morris to multiyear deal
- Lakers win final James-Wade meeting
- Curry's 38 lift Warriors in Green return
- George scores 31 as Thunder roll by Jazz
- Morris gets depleted Celtics by Pelicans
- Embiid powers 76ers past reeling Pistons
ATLANTA (AP) The Atlanta Hawks have signed rookie guard Jaylen Morris to a multiyear contract.
Morris earned the deal after previously signing two 10-day contracts, the latter on March 11.
Morris, from Molloy College, has averaged 4.7 points in six games with Atlanta. He averaged 12.6 points while starting 39 games for the Hawks' G League Erie affiliate.
The signing comes one week after Atlanta signed another guard, Antonius Cleveland, who also played on two 10-day contracts.
The Hawks needed additional backcourt depth after losing starter Kent Bazemore to a season-ending knee injury.
More NBA basketball: https://apnews.com/tag/NBAbasketball
Updated March 21, 2018