Heat forward James Johnson expected to miss 7 to 10 days
- Cousins to make Warriors debut vs. Clips
- Embiid, Butler help 76ers roll in Indy
- Silver backs Kanter's London decision
- Heat's Waiters fined for postgame tirade
- Kuzma has 32, Lakers win at OKC in OT
MIAMI (AP) The Miami Heat will be without starting forward James Johnson for at least two games and probably more after bursitis was found in his right ankle.
Johnson left Miami's win over the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday with ankle pain, and an MRI performed Sunday led to the bursitis diagnosis. Johnson is not traveling with the team for its trip for games at Atlanta on Monday and Boston on Wednesday.
The team says Johnson could miss seven to 10 days, which would also mean his status for home games against Dallas on Dec. 22, New Orleans on Dec. 23 and Orlando on Dec. 26 is in some doubt.
Johnson is averaging 10.9 points and 5.2 rebounds for the Heat this season.
Updated December 17, 2017