Warriors, Timberwolves will play 2 preseason games in China
- Cavaliers All-Star Irving requests trade
- Wizards extend Wall for 4 years, $170M
- Cavs to promote Altman to full-time GM
- Gasol agrees to 3-year deal with Spurs
- Zanik, Morway join Jazz front office
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) The Golden State Warriors and Minnesota Timberwolves will play two preseason games in China in October.
The league said Monday the games will be in Shenzhen on Oct. 5 and Shanghai on Oct. 8 as part of the NBA's Global Games China series.
The Warriors are an excellent draw and should help the league in its effort to further grow the game in China, where basketball already enjoys great popularity.
The team also has the NBA's first Chinese minority owner. Shanghai sports marketing executive Lizhang Jiang joined Wolves owner Glen Taylor's ownership group last summer.
Updated March 20, 2017