Warriors, Timberwolves will play 2 preseason games in China
- Cavs' Korver out again with foot injury
- Celtics move into virtual tie atop East
- Rockets win despite Westbrook's 39-11-13
- Thompson helps Warriors push run to 7
- Down 18 in 4th, Kings stun Clippers
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) The Golden State Warriors and Minnesota Timberwolves will play two preseason games in China in October.
The league said Monday the games will be in Shenzhen on Oct. 5 and Shanghai on Oct. 8 as part of the NBA's Global Games China series.
The Warriors are an excellent draw and should help the league in its effort to further grow the game in China, where basketball already enjoys great popularity.
The team also has the NBA's first Chinese minority owner. Shanghai sports marketing executive Lizhang Jiang joined Wolves owner Glen Taylor's ownership group last summer.
Updated March 20, 2017