Detroit's Zimmermann, Stewart have core muscle surgery
- Encarnacion, Santana moved in 3-way deal
- Mets bring back Familia for 3 yrs., $30M
- Dodgers to ink P Kelly for 3 years, $25M
- M's GM pulls off trade from hospital bed
- Rangers sign RHP Lynn for 3 years, $30M
The Tigers said the operations took place in Philadelphia and were performed by Dr. William Meyers.
Zimmermann went 7-8 with a 4.52 ERA in 25 starts this season.
Stewart, one of Detroit's top prospects, made his major league debut this year. He played 17 games for the Tigers, hitting .267 with two home runs.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated October 11, 2018