Padres minor leaguer Goris gets 50-game drug suspension
- Yankees, Ottavino agree on 3 years, $27M
- BoSox's Cora unsure on White House visit
- Lowrie can earn $500K PA bonus with Mets
- Reds' Marty Brennaman to call final year
- Royals' Skoglund gets 80-game PED ban
NEW YORK (AP) A minor league infielder for the San Diego Padres has been given a 50-game drug suspension.
Diego Goris of Triple-A El Paso was penalized Friday by the commissioner's office. He was suspended after a second positive test for a drug of abuse.
The 27-year-old Goris was hitting .265 with seven home runs and 53 RBIs in 89 games for El Paso.
Updated August 10, 2018