Padres minor leaguer Goris gets 50-game drug suspension
- A's spoil Cano's return, 1 back in West
- Giants top Dodgers after benches clear
- Acuna homers in 5th in row, 3rd leadoff
- Tribe P Bauer on DL with stress fracture
- Cardinals top Nationals, extend run to 7
NEW YORK (AP) A minor league infielder for the San Diego Padres has been given a 50-game drug suspension.
Diego Goris of Triple-A El Paso was penalized Friday by the commissioner's office. He was suspended after a second positive test for a drug of abuse.
The 27-year-old Goris was hitting .265 with seven home runs and 53 RBIs in 89 games for El Paso.
Updated August 10, 2018