Dylan Bundy to start Baltimore Orioles' opener
- Puig's HR gives Dodgers sweep of Rockies
- Yanks beat BoSox again to deny clinching
- Indians RHP Bauer to return Friday
- Braves beat Cardinals to end 4-game skid
- Ray shuts down Cubs, D-backs rip Hamels
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) Dylan Bundy has been picked to start the Baltimore Orioles' opener against Minnesota on March 29.
The 24-year-old right-hander led the Orioles in wins last season, when he was 13-9 with a 4.24 ERA.
"I wasn't even expecting it or thinking it," Bundy said Thursday. "I was trying to get through spring training and work on the stuff I need to work on, and let things play out however they may be."
Baltimore's other starters are Andrew Cashner, who was signed last month and Alex Cobb, added Wednesday.
More MLB baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Updated March 22, 2018