Reliever Jeremy Jeffress pleads guilty to drunken driving
- Soto, 19, hits 3-run HR, Nats rip Padres
- Cards' Mikolas shuts out Royals, now 6-0
- Torres hits 2 HRs as Yankees deny Colon
- Pivetta goes 7 as Phillies blank Braves
- Brewers hit 3 HRs off Greinke in 4-2 win
DALLAS (AP) Milwaukee Brewers reliever Jeremy Jeffress has been sentenced to time served after pleading guilty to driving while intoxicated in Texas.
Jeffress was part of the Texas Rangers bullpen when he was stopped and arrested on a Dallas street in the pre-dawn hours of Aug. 26.
The 30-year-old right-hander entered his plea Wednesday in a Dallas County court. A judge sentenced him to three days in jail and gave him credit for the jail time already served.
Jeffress has a history of substance abuse. He was suspended for 50 games in 2007 and for 100 games in 2009, both times when he was in the minors.
Updated January 17, 2018