Reliever Jeremy Jeffress pleads guilty to drunken driving
- Melvin, Snitker voted top managers
- MLB probes racism claims against M's
- Phillies' Kapler loses home in wildfires
- BoSox RHP Wright has right knee surgery
- Japan rallies in 9th, leads MLB team 3-1
DALLAS (AP) Milwaukee Brewers reliever Jeremy Jeffress has been sentenced to time served after pleading guilty to driving while intoxicated in Texas.
Jeffress was part of the Texas Rangers bullpen when he was stopped and arrested on a Dallas street in the pre-dawn hours of Aug. 26.
The 30-year-old right-hander entered his plea Wednesday in a Dallas County court. A judge sentenced him to three days in jail and gave him credit for the jail time already served.
Jeffress has a history of substance abuse. He was suspended for 50 games in 2007 and for 100 games in 2009, both times when he was in the minors.
Updated January 17, 2018