Rangers' Ryan Rua avoids arbitration with $870,000 deal
- Hall of Famer Cepeda listed as critical
- Touted Astros prospect gets 50-game ban
- Maybin back with Marlins on 1-year deal
- Yankees' Drury becomes 3B front-runner
- Orioles bring back Tillman on $3M deal
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) Texas Rangers outfielder Ryan Rua has agreed to an $870,000, one-year contract to avoid salary arbitration.
In four stints with Texas last season, Rua hit .217 with three home runs and 12 RBIs over 63 games. The right-hander, who has spent parts of the last four seasons with the Rangers, played left field and also appeared some at first base last year. He had a major league salary of $544,740.
Players and teams are scheduled to swap proposed salaries Friday.
The Rangers have not had an arbitration hearing with a player since Lee Stevens in 2000.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Updated January 9, 2018