LA Galaxy re-sign homegrown defender Dave Romney
European Football Headlines
- US striker Tim Weah, son of George, scores on Celtic debut
- Dortmund wins 1-0 at Leipzig to stay 6 clear in Bundesliga
- Solskjaer breaks Busby record, United closes in on 4th place
- Madrid beats Sevilla 2-0, returns to top 3 in Spanish league
- Arsenal beats Chelsea 2-0 to open up pursuit of 4th in EPL
- Zaniolo sets Roma on way to thrilling 3-2 win over Torino
- Cavani and Mbappe score 3 each as PSG routs Guingamp 9-0
- Burnley, Watford draw 0-0 in Premier League
- Salah nets 2 as Liverpool beats Palace to keep up title push
- Man United beats Brighton as Solskjaer sets another record
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have re-signed defender Dave Romney.
The Galaxy made the move Thursday to secure their homegrown talent for another season.
Romney has made 72 appearances for the Galaxy since joining the MLS club in 2015, compiling three goals and five assists as a steady contributor at a position with plenty of upheaval for the five-time MLS champions. Romney is left-footed, but has played every position along the Galaxy's back line.
Romney is a native of nearby Irvine, California, who came up through the Galaxy's developmental system and with LA Galaxy II, their United Soccer League affiliate. Romney was the first player to sign with the Galaxy directly from LA Galaxy II.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 10, 2019