LAFC re-signs Canadian midfielder Mark-Anthony Kaye
European Football Headlines
- Ivory Coast starts with win in African Cup's toughest group
- Italy's attack faces China's stingy defense in round of 16
- US in the World Cup quarterfinals after 2-1 win over Spain
- European vacation over, Naeher and US bounce back up
- Sweden through to quarterfinals with 1-0 win over Canada
- Ajax to sign Netherlands international Quincy Promes
- Peru without injured Farfan for rest of Copa America
- Argentina survives elimination but still disappoints in Copa
- Messi takes a shot at 'very bad' Copa America fields
- Ertz returns, Horan out for US match against Spain
LOS ANGELES (AP) Los Angeles FC has signed midfielder Mark-Anthony Kaye to a three-year contract extension.
LAFC announced the deal Monday. The extension runs through the 2021 season with a club option for 2022.
The 24-year-old Canadian immediately earned a key role during LAFC's successful inaugural season. The unsung signing from Louisville of the USL had a surprisingly large impact as a box-to-box midfielder, getting two goals and five assists while starting 20 of the expansion club's first 21 games.
His season ended in late July due to an ankle injury that required surgery. He should be fully healthy for the 2019 season.
Kaye also has made six appearances for the Canadian national team.
Updated December 3, 2018