LAFC re-signs Canadian midfielder Mark-Anthony Kaye
European Football Headlines
- Jones own-goal at Valencia stops Man United winning CL group
- Lyon rescues draw at Shakhtar to edge into knockout rounds
- Bayern and Ajax thrill with 3-3 draw; Bayern tops Group E
- Juventus loses at Young Boys, wins group after Man U defeat
- Sane double earns Man City 2-1 win, top spot in CL group
- Benfica ends Champions League campaign with 1-0 win over AEK
- CSKA Moscow stuns Real Madrid 3-0 at Bernabeu
- Plzen beats Roma 2-1 to qualify for Europa League
- Rennes officially names Stephan as coach until June 2020
- Matip injury adds to Liverpool's defensive woes
LOS ANGELES (AP) Los Angeles FC has signed midfielder Mark-Anthony Kaye to a three-year contract extension.
LAFC announced the deal Monday. The extension runs through the 2021 season with a club option for 2022.
The 24-year-old Canadian immediately earned a key role during LAFC's successful inaugural season. The unsung signing from Louisville of the USL had a surprisingly large impact as a box-to-box midfielder, getting two goals and five assists while starting 20 of the expansion club's first 21 games.
His season ended in late July due to an ankle injury that required surgery. He should be fully healthy for the 2019 season.
Kaye also has made six appearances for the Canadian national team.
Updated December 3, 2018