Atlanta United loses defender Mikey Ambrose to knee surgery
European Football Headlines
- Goalkeeper Subasic retires from Croatia's national team
- With Ronaldo gone, only Griezmann can hope to stop Messi
- Honda put off retirement to sign A-League deal
- FIFA defends bans for 'false' info, tarnishing reputations
- South American cup finals to be played in single match
- AEK knocks Celtic out of Champions League qualifiers
- Post-Ronaldo Real Madrid gets 1st test in UEFA Super Cup
- Samuel Eto'o joins Qatari club, 13th of his pro career
- Qatar says Nepali worker dies building World Cup stadium
- Brazil great Ronaldo leaves hospital after bout with flu
ATLANTA (AP) Atlanta United has lost another player to a likely season-ending injury.
The MLS team says defender Mikey Ambrose had surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee and will miss three to four months. He suffered the injury while playing for the second-division club, Atlanta United 2, on July 25.
Ambrose started eight times in nine appearances for United.
United also is dealing with the loss of Greg Garza (shoulder surgery) and Sal Zizzo (knee surgery), weakening the depth of the team leading the Supporters' Shield standings.
For more AP soccer coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/MLSsoccer
Updated August 7, 2018