Atlanta United loses defender Mikey Ambrose to knee surgery
European Football Headlines
- Derby beats Southampton on penalties in FA Cup
- Atletico eliminated by Girona in last 16 of Copa del Rey
- Henry's Monaco draws 1-1 with Vieira's Nice in French league
- Crisis infects soccer tournament as Qatar faces Saudi Arabia
- Juventus beats Milan to win Italian Super Cup in Jeddah
- Ian Harkes signs with 2nd-tier Dundee United in Scotland
- Bielsa admits to watching all opponents' training sessions
- Son Heung-min helps South Korea beat China 2-0 at Asian Cup
- MVP Martinez signs 5-year extension with Atlanta United
- Wolff follows Berhalter from Columbus to US national team
ATLANTA (AP) Atlanta United has lost another player to a likely season-ending injury.
The MLS team says defender Mikey Ambrose had surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee and will miss three to four months. He suffered the injury while playing for the second-division club, Atlanta United 2, on July 25.
Ambrose started eight times in nine appearances for United.
United also is dealing with the loss of Greg Garza (shoulder surgery) and Sal Zizzo (knee surgery), weakening the depth of the team leading the Supporters' Shield standings.
For more AP soccer coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/MLSsoccer
Updated August 7, 2018