Atlanta United loses defender Mikey Ambrose to knee surgery
European Football Headlines
- Keisuke Honda scores in A-League debut before 40,500 fans
- Agent says Usain Bolt has contract offer, coach not aware
- Messi breaks arm as Barcelona regains lead in La Liga
- Messi breaks right forearm, out for about 3 weeks
- Ronaldo scores but Juventus' perfect start ended by Genoa
- Even without Neymar, French leader PSG routs Amiens 5-0
- Leicester City-Arsenal Preview
- Bayern ends winless streak, Dortmund continues to impress
- Salah scores in Liverpool's 1-0 win at Huddersfield in EPL
- Box-office Mourinho center of attention again in EPL
ATLANTA (AP) Atlanta United has lost another player to a likely season-ending injury.
The MLS team says defender Mikey Ambrose had surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee and will miss three to four months. He suffered the injury while playing for the second-division club, Atlanta United 2, on July 25.
Ambrose started eight times in nine appearances for United.
United also is dealing with the loss of Greg Garza (shoulder surgery) and Sal Zizzo (knee surgery), weakening the depth of the team leading the Supporters' Shield standings.
For more AP soccer coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/MLSsoccer
Updated August 7, 2018