Minnesota United midfielder Molino suffers ACL tear
European Football Headlines
- English announcer Champion to become lead MLS voice for ESPN
- Barcelona backs down on plan to play in US
- Chelsea suspends 4 people amid Sterling racism investigation
- Villarreal, Valencia and Athletic struggling in Spain
- Champions League: Crunch time for PSG, Napoli and Liverpool
- Derby win has Dortmund fans dreaming of more: the Bundesliga
- SAmerican soccer still wary after successful final in Madrid
- Iceland coach Hallgrimsson hired by Qatari soccer club
- Sarri uses Napoli formula to ignite Chelsea's title bid
- Real Madrid far behind top European clubs in women's soccer
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. (AP) Minnesota United says midfielder Kevin Molino is not expected to return for the rest of the season after he suffered a torn ACL in his left knee.
Molino was hurt in a match against Orlando City on Saturday. He left on a stretcher in the 51st minute. The Loons won 2-1.
The club says Molino will undergo surgery to repair the torn ACL in the coming weeks.
Molino scored twice in the season opener at the San Jose Earthquakes and assisted the first goal at Orlando City.
Updated March 12, 2018