Sounders sign Alex Roldan, Jordan McCrary to contracts
European Football Headlines
- Newcastle avoids another upset in FA Cup
- Valencia avoids upset, reaches Copa del Rey quarterfinals
- Toronto plans to sell Victor Vazquez to a team in Qatar
- Karamoh scores solo winner as Bordeaux wins 2-1 at Angers
- Babel back in Premier League at relegation-threatened Fulham
- Kane set for 2 months out with ankle injury
- PSG signs American defender Alana Cook from Stanford
- Colombia close to signing Iran's Carlos Queiroz as coach
- Leeds facing action for spying on opposition team
- Australia beats Syria 3-2, advances to last 16 at Asian Cup
SEATTLE (AP) The Seattle Sounders have signed first-round draft pick Alex Roldan and former New England draft pick Jordan McCrary for the 2018 season.
The signings Tuesday come two days before Seattle's final preseason exhibition against Sacramento Republic. The Sounders open the season next week in the CONCACAF Champions League against Santa Tecla in El Salvador.
Roldan is a midfielder from Seattle University who was selected No. 22 in the MLS SuperDraft. He is the younger brother of Seattle midfielder Cristian Roldan. Alex Roldan started all 82 games in college and had six goals and eight assists in his senior season.
McCrary was with Seattle on trial during the preseason. McCrary was the No. 10 overall pick of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft by New England. He spent last year with Toronto FC II in the United Soccer League.
Updated February 13, 2018