Sounders sign Alex Roldan, Jordan McCrary to contracts
European Football Headlines
- Usain Bolt arrives for trial in Australian soccer's A-League
- Rapids-Los Angeles FC Preview
- Atlanta United tries to stay in first with win over Crew
- Morales scores twice as Levante wins 3-0 at Real Betis
- FOX Sports MLS broadcast will feature first all-female crew
- Five-time German Cup winner Schalke reaches second round
- Promoted Reims upsets Lyon 1-0 to move top of French league
- Lionel Messi left out for Argentina friendly games
- Italy deadline day: Milan signs Laxalt, Marchisio exits Juve
- English Premier League wasn't always a global beast
SEATTLE (AP) The Seattle Sounders have signed first-round draft pick Alex Roldan and former New England draft pick Jordan McCrary for the 2018 season.
The signings Tuesday come two days before Seattle's final preseason exhibition against Sacramento Republic. The Sounders open the season next week in the CONCACAF Champions League against Santa Tecla in El Salvador.
Roldan is a midfielder from Seattle University who was selected No. 22 in the MLS SuperDraft. He is the younger brother of Seattle midfielder Cristian Roldan. Alex Roldan started all 82 games in college and had six goals and eight assists in his senior season.
McCrary was with Seattle on trial during the preseason. McCrary was the No. 10 overall pick of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft by New England. He spent last year with Toronto FC II in the United Soccer League.
Updated February 13, 2018