Sounders sign Alex Roldan, Jordan McCrary to contracts
European Football Headlines
- Southampton-Bournemouth Preview
- Fulham-Cardiff City Preview
- Brighton & Hove Albion-Newcastle United Preview
- Liverpool-Huddersfield Town Preview
- Shaw signs new deal at Man U after getting back in favor
- Cristiano Ronaldo expected to play for Juventus on Saturday
- Fulham's struggles give frustrated Khan more thinking to do
- Gerard Pique juggles business with soccer at Barcelona
- Red Star plans to challenge match-fixing allegation in court
- Many of Bayern's international players return after losses
SEATTLE (AP) The Seattle Sounders have signed first-round draft pick Alex Roldan and former New England draft pick Jordan McCrary for the 2018 season.
The signings Tuesday come two days before Seattle's final preseason exhibition against Sacramento Republic. The Sounders open the season next week in the CONCACAF Champions League against Santa Tecla in El Salvador.
Roldan is a midfielder from Seattle University who was selected No. 22 in the MLS SuperDraft. He is the younger brother of Seattle midfielder Cristian Roldan. Alex Roldan started all 82 games in college and had six goals and eight assists in his senior season.
McCrary was with Seattle on trial during the preseason. McCrary was the No. 10 overall pick of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft by New England. He spent last year with Toronto FC II in the United Soccer League.
Updated February 13, 2018