Sounders sign Alex Roldan, Jordan McCrary to contracts
European Football Headlines
- West Ham signs Pellegrini as manager on a 3-year deal
- Rival captains back Peru's Guerrero in bid to lift Cup ban
- Lee, Kwon on South Korea's injured list ahead of World Cup
- Short-handed Galaxy beat Impact after Ibrahimovic red card
- Huesca promoted to Spanish league for first time
- Brazil wants to lower Neymar's expectations for World Cup
- Wolfsburg sees off Kiel's challenge to stay in Bundesliga
- Former Liverpool CEO Ayre hired by MLS' Nashville team
- Icardi left out of Argentina's World Cup squad
- Lovren ends turbulent season with the job of marking Ronaldo
SEATTLE (AP) The Seattle Sounders have signed first-round draft pick Alex Roldan and former New England draft pick Jordan McCrary for the 2018 season.
The signings Tuesday come two days before Seattle's final preseason exhibition against Sacramento Republic. The Sounders open the season next week in the CONCACAF Champions League against Santa Tecla in El Salvador.
Roldan is a midfielder from Seattle University who was selected No. 22 in the MLS SuperDraft. He is the younger brother of Seattle midfielder Cristian Roldan. Alex Roldan started all 82 games in college and had six goals and eight assists in his senior season.
McCrary was with Seattle on trial during the preseason. McCrary was the No. 10 overall pick of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft by New England. He spent last year with Toronto FC II in the United Soccer League.
Updated February 13, 2018