New York Red Bulls sign Venezuelan MF Cristian Casseres Jr.
European Football Headlines
- Usain Bolt arrives for trial in Australian soccer's A-League
- Rapids-Los Angeles FC Preview
- Atlanta United tries to stay in first with win over Crew
- Morales scores twice as Levante wins 3-0 at Real Betis
- FOX Sports MLS broadcast will feature first all-female crew
- Five-time German Cup winner Schalke reaches second round
- Promoted Reims upsets Lyon 1-0 to move top of French league
- Lionel Messi left out for Argentina friendly games
- Italy deadline day: Milan signs Laxalt, Marchisio exits Juve
- English Premier League wasn't always a global beast
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) The New York Red Bulls have signed Venezuelan midfielder Cristian Cásseres, Jr.
The Major League Soccer team says the 18-year-old is a discovery signing, who will occupy an international spot on the roster.
Casseres has played in Venezuela's first division and has represented Venezuela on the U-17 and U-20 national teams. He made his professional debut for Deportivo La Guaira at 16-years-old. He had 15 appearances for the senior team and scored once.
His father is Cristian Cásseres Sr., who played for the Venezuelan national team.
Updated February 2, 2018