New York Red Bulls sign Venezuelan MF Cristian Casseres Jr.
European Football Headlines
- West Ham signs Pellegrini as manager on a 3-year deal
- Rival captains back Peru's Guerrero in bid to lift Cup ban
- Lee, Kwon on South Korea's injured list ahead of World Cup
- Short-handed Galaxy beat Impact after Ibrahimovic red card
- Huesca promoted to Spanish league for first time
- Brazil wants to lower Neymar's expectations for World Cup
- Wolfsburg sees off Kiel's challenge to stay in Bundesliga
- Former Liverpool CEO Ayre hired by MLS' Nashville team
- Icardi left out of Argentina's World Cup squad
- Lovren ends turbulent season with the job of marking Ronaldo
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) The New York Red Bulls have signed Venezuelan midfielder Cristian Cásseres, Jr.
The Major League Soccer team says the 18-year-old is a discovery signing, who will occupy an international spot on the roster.
Casseres has played in Venezuela's first division and has represented Venezuela on the U-17 and U-20 national teams. He made his professional debut for Deportivo La Guaira at 16-years-old. He had 15 appearances for the senior team and scored once.
His father is Cristian Cásseres Sr., who played for the Venezuelan national team.
Updated February 2, 2018