New York Red Bulls sign Venezuelan MF Cristian Casseres Jr.
European Football Headlines
- Copa Libertadores final to be played in single match in 2019
- Deportivo wastes penalty kick, remains winless under Seedorf
- Strasbourg and Montpellier draw 0-0 in French league
- Bundesliga relegation rivals Mainz and Wolfsburg draw 1-1
- English FA charges Guardiola for political Catalonia ribbon
- Chelsea-Manchester United Preview
- Tottenham Hotspur-Crystal Palace Preview
- Villarreal suspends Semedo without pay after his arrest
- Police say officer collapsed by himself during fan violence
- AC Milan vs. Arsenal in last 16 of Europa League
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) The New York Red Bulls have signed Venezuelan midfielder Cristian Cásseres, Jr.
The Major League Soccer team says the 18-year-old is a discovery signing, who will occupy an international spot on the roster.
Casseres has played in Venezuela's first division and has represented Venezuela on the U-17 and U-20 national teams. He made his professional debut for Deportivo La Guaira at 16-years-old. He had 15 appearances for the senior team and scored once.
His father is Cristian Cásseres Sr., who played for the Venezuelan national team.
Updated February 2, 2018