New York Red Bulls sign Venezuelan MF Cristian Casseres Jr.
European Football Headlines
- Newcastle avoids another upset in FA Cup
- Valencia avoids upset, reaches Copa del Rey quarterfinals
- Toronto plans to sell Victor Vazquez to a team in Qatar
- Karamoh scores solo winner as Bordeaux wins 2-1 at Angers
- Babel back in Premier League at relegation-threatened Fulham
- Kane set for 2 months out with ankle injury
- PSG signs American defender Alana Cook from Stanford
- Colombia close to signing Iran's Carlos Queiroz as coach
- Leeds facing action for spying on opposition team
- Australia beats Syria 3-2, advances to last 16 at Asian Cup
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) The New York Red Bulls have signed Venezuelan midfielder Cristian Cásseres, Jr.
The Major League Soccer team says the 18-year-old is a discovery signing, who will occupy an international spot on the roster.
Casseres has played in Venezuela's first division and has represented Venezuela on the U-17 and U-20 national teams. He made his professional debut for Deportivo La Guaira at 16-years-old. He had 15 appearances for the senior team and scored once.
His father is Cristian Cásseres Sr., who played for the Venezuelan national team.
Updated February 2, 2018