Sounders sign Norwegian midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem
European Football Headlines
- Usain Bolt arrives for trial in Australian soccer's A-League
- Rapids-Los Angeles FC Preview
- Atlanta United tries to stay in first with win over Crew
- Morales scores twice as Levante wins 3-0 at Real Betis
- FOX Sports MLS broadcast will feature first all-female crew
- Five-time German Cup winner Schalke reaches second round
- Promoted Reims upsets Lyon 1-0 to move top of French league
- Lionel Messi left out for Argentina friendly games
- Italy deadline day: Milan signs Laxalt, Marchisio exits Juve
- English Premier League wasn't always a global beast
SEATTLE (AP) The Sounders have signed Norwegian midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem after a mostly quiet offseason for the club.
Seattle on Tuesday announced the signing, subject to his obtaining a U.S. work visa.
Eikrem spent the past three seasons with Malmo in Sweden's top division, winning league titles in the last seasons. Eikrem also played for the Netherlands' Heerenveen and played parts of two seasons for Cardiff.
Eikrem has 17 appearances for Norway, including six in 2014 World Cup qualifying.
Updated January 30, 2018