Sounders sign Norwegian midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem
European Football Headlines
- Copa Libertadores final to be played in single match in 2019
- Deportivo wastes penalty kick, remains winless under Seedorf
- Strasbourg and Montpellier draw 0-0 in French league
- Bundesliga relegation rivals Mainz and Wolfsburg draw 1-1
- English FA charges Guardiola for political Catalonia ribbon
- Chelsea-Manchester United Preview
- Tottenham Hotspur-Crystal Palace Preview
- Villarreal suspends Semedo without pay after his arrest
- Police say officer collapsed by himself during fan violence
- AC Milan vs. Arsenal in last 16 of Europa League
SEATTLE (AP) The Sounders have signed Norwegian midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem after a mostly quiet offseason for the club.
Seattle on Tuesday announced the signing, subject to his obtaining a U.S. work visa.
Eikrem spent the past three seasons with Malmo in Sweden's top division, winning league titles in the last seasons. Eikrem also played for the Netherlands' Heerenveen and played parts of two seasons for Cardiff.
Eikrem has 17 appearances for Norway, including six in 2014 World Cup qualifying.
Updated January 30, 2018