Sounders sign Norwegian midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem
European Football Headlines
- Newcastle avoids another upset in FA Cup
- Valencia avoids upset, reaches Copa del Rey quarterfinals
- Toronto plans to sell Victor Vazquez to a team in Qatar
- Karamoh scores solo winner as Bordeaux wins 2-1 at Angers
- Babel back in Premier League at relegation-threatened Fulham
- Kane set for 2 months out with ankle injury
- PSG signs American defender Alana Cook from Stanford
- Colombia close to signing Iran's Carlos Queiroz as coach
- Leeds facing action for spying on opposition team
- Australia beats Syria 3-2, advances to last 16 at Asian Cup
SEATTLE (AP) The Sounders have signed Norwegian midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem after a mostly quiet offseason for the club.
Seattle on Tuesday announced the signing, subject to his obtaining a U.S. work visa.
Eikrem spent the past three seasons with Malmo in Sweden's top division, winning league titles in the last seasons. Eikrem also played for the Netherlands' Heerenveen and played parts of two seasons for Cardiff.
Eikrem has 17 appearances for Norway, including six in 2014 World Cup qualifying.
Updated January 30, 2018