Sounders sign Norwegian midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem
European Football Headlines
- West Ham signs Pellegrini as manager on a 3-year deal
- Rival captains back Peru's Guerrero in bid to lift Cup ban
- Lee, Kwon on South Korea's injured list ahead of World Cup
- Short-handed Galaxy beat Impact after Ibrahimovic red card
- Huesca promoted to Spanish league for first time
- Brazil wants to lower Neymar's expectations for World Cup
- Wolfsburg sees off Kiel's challenge to stay in Bundesliga
- Former Liverpool CEO Ayre hired by MLS' Nashville team
- Icardi left out of Argentina's World Cup squad
- Lovren ends turbulent season with the job of marking Ronaldo
SEATTLE (AP) The Sounders have signed Norwegian midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem after a mostly quiet offseason for the club.
Seattle on Tuesday announced the signing, subject to his obtaining a U.S. work visa.
Eikrem spent the past three seasons with Malmo in Sweden's top division, winning league titles in the last seasons. Eikrem also played for the Netherlands' Heerenveen and played parts of two seasons for Cardiff.
Eikrem has 17 appearances for Norway, including six in 2014 World Cup qualifying.
Updated January 30, 2018