Just 8 Americans among top 25 MLS jerseys, topped by Morris
European Football Headlines
- Can trains with Liverpool ahead of Champions League final
- Alvaro Morata left out of Spain's World Cup squad
- Belgium goes to World Cup without Nainggolan
- WORLD CUP: West Germans beat Hungary in 'Miracle of Bern'
- Iran names initial squad for World Cup
- Fired coach Halilhodzic suing Japanese soccer association
- Kwon cut from World Cup squad in setback for South Korea
- Flares, riots force early end to season finale in Poland
- Wright-Phillips scores twice, Red Bulls beat Atlanta United
- Inter leapfrogs Lazio to take final Champions League spot
NEW YORK (AP) Just eight Americans are among the 25 best-selling Major League Soccer jerseys, led by Seattle forward Jordan Morris in fourth.
Atlanta midfielder Miguel Almiron leads the list, the league said Friday, followed by Chicago midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger, Atlanta forward Josef Martinez, Morris and New York City forward David Villa.
Other Americans include Seattle forward Clint Dempsey in sixth, Orlando forward Dom Dwyer in 14th, Portland midfielder Darlington Nagbe in 16th, Atlanta defender Greg Garza in 18th, Seattle midfielder Cristian Roldan 23rd in 22nd, San Jose forward Chris Wondolowski in 23rd and Kansas City midfielder Graham Zusi in 25th.
Updated November 10, 2017