LA Galaxy claim Portland F Jack McInerney off waivers
European Football Headlines
- Valeri scores, Timbers beat the Red Bulls 2-0
- Fire attempt to slow league-leading Toronto FC
- First-place Dynamo seek first win ever in Vancouver
- Colorado interim coach Cooke makes debut vs. D.C. United
- Sporting KC puts home mark on line vs. FC Dallas
- Red-hot Impact to test mettle of surging Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes aim to add to Union's road woes
- Newcastle United-Huddersfield Town Preview
- Chelsea-Tottenham Hotspur Preview
- Spanish league begins with tributes to victims of attacks
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have claimed forward Jack McInerney off waivers from the Portland Timbers.
The Galaxy made the move Tuesday.
McInerney has scored 43 goals while playing for four teams in his Major League Soccer career.
He was drafted by Philadelphia in 2010 and scored 24 goals for the club before getting traded to Montreal in 2014. He also played for Columbus before joining Portland last season.
McInerney scored five goals in 24 games last season for the Timbers, who placed him on waivers last month.
The Galaxy (2-4-0) are a disappointing eighth in the Western Conference. They host defending league champion Seattle on Sunday.
Updated April 18, 2017