LA Galaxy claim Portland F Jack McInerney off waivers
European Football Headlines
- Hundreds of South African soccer fans riot at game
- Sounders beat Minnesota 3-1 for 1st win of season
- AEK beats Levadiakos 2-0, moves closer to Greek title
- 3 established powers, 1 upstart in Champions League semis
- Napoli snatches 1-0 win at Juventus to reignite title race
- Salah beats De Bruyne to win PFA player of the year award
- French champion PSG aiming for 100 points after Bordeaux win
- Atletico held 0-0 by Betis ahead of visit to Arsenal
- Argentina's Biglia faces race to be fit after back injury
- CONCACAF cancels Women's U17 tournament because of violence
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have claimed forward Jack McInerney off waivers from the Portland Timbers.
The Galaxy made the move Tuesday.
McInerney has scored 43 goals while playing for four teams in his Major League Soccer career.
He was drafted by Philadelphia in 2010 and scored 24 goals for the club before getting traded to Montreal in 2014. He also played for Columbus before joining Portland last season.
McInerney scored five goals in 24 games last season for the Timbers, who placed him on waivers last month.
The Galaxy (2-4-0) are a disappointing eighth in the Western Conference. They host defending league champion Seattle on Sunday.
Updated April 18, 2017