LA Galaxy claim Portland F Jack McInerney off waivers
European Football Headlines
- Sky Blue's Sam Kerr named NWSL league MVP for 2017
- Arsenal-Everton Preview
- Morgan, Rapinoe lift US soccer past South Korea 3-1
- Liverpool-Tottenham Hotspur Preview
- Malta captain mutes goal celebration after journalist slain
- Brazil summons Costa and leaves out Luiz for friendlies
- Juventus tops Champs League prize money table; Leicester 2nd
- Everton bans fan who aimed punch at Lyon goalkeeper
- Russia glad to welcome Blatter, Platini as World Cup guests
- UEFA charges Roma over fans' racist chants at Chelsea game
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have claimed forward Jack McInerney off waivers from the Portland Timbers.
The Galaxy made the move Tuesday.
McInerney has scored 43 goals while playing for four teams in his Major League Soccer career.
He was drafted by Philadelphia in 2010 and scored 24 goals for the club before getting traded to Montreal in 2014. He also played for Columbus before joining Portland last season.
McInerney scored five goals in 24 games last season for the Timbers, who placed him on waivers last month.
The Galaxy (2-4-0) are a disappointing eighth in the Western Conference. They host defending league champion Seattle on Sunday.
Updated April 18, 2017