LA Galaxy claim Portland F Jack McInerney off waivers
European Football Headlines
- Neymar to start in unchanged Brazil team to face Costa Rica
- The Latest: Giroud, Matuidi earn starts for France vs. Peru
- Australia gets crucial 1-1 draw with Denmark at World Cup
- On a roll in Russia, Mexico begs World Cup fans to behave
- World Cup stars mostly stifled, with 1 Portuguese exception
- Fearless Loftus-Cheek set for England chance at World Cup
- More than ever, and without a team, it is China's World Cup
- Former FIFA boss Blatter revels in visit to Putin, World Cup
- Messi dogged by Ronaldo, history as Argentina meets Croatia
- St. Petersburg's white nights light up fans' World Cup
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have claimed forward Jack McInerney off waivers from the Portland Timbers.
The Galaxy made the move Tuesday.
McInerney has scored 43 goals while playing for four teams in his Major League Soccer career.
He was drafted by Philadelphia in 2010 and scored 24 goals for the club before getting traded to Montreal in 2014. He also played for Columbus before joining Portland last season.
McInerney scored five goals in 24 games last season for the Timbers, who placed him on waivers last month.
The Galaxy (2-4-0) are a disappointing eighth in the Western Conference. They host defending league champion Seattle on Sunday.
Updated April 18, 2017