LA Galaxy claim Portland F Jack McInerney off waivers
European Football Headlines
- Sanchez scores early but Chile held by Germany to a 1-1 draw
- Egypt winger Salah back in EPL at Liverpool for record fee
- Cameroon's Aboubakar lets Australia off hook at Confed Cup
- Toronto FC aims to bolster lead in East, ready for Revs
- Kenny Saief gets FIFA OK to change to US from Israel
- Geiger, Marrufo, Villarreal picked as Gold Cup referees
- Mainz signs former Germany 'keeper Adler on free transfer
- Qatar stadium safety concerns raised by death investigation
- Germany mulls letting China under-20s play league soccer
- Where Europe meets Asia, Kazan offers rich diversity
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have claimed forward Jack McInerney off waivers from the Portland Timbers.
The Galaxy made the move Tuesday.
McInerney has scored 43 goals while playing for four teams in his Major League Soccer career.
He was drafted by Philadelphia in 2010 and scored 24 goals for the club before getting traded to Montreal in 2014. He also played for Columbus before joining Portland last season.
McInerney scored five goals in 24 games last season for the Timbers, who placed him on waivers last month.
The Galaxy (2-4-0) are a disappointing eighth in the Western Conference. They host defending league champion Seattle on Sunday.
Updated April 18, 2017