LA Galaxy claim Portland F Jack McInerney off waivers
European Football Headlines
- Altidore scores twice, Toronto beats Houston 2-0
- As soccer soars, court docs detail graft in Brazilian sports
- Real Salt Lake visits nemesis Sporting KC
- Columbus opens homestand against New York City
- Reinvigorated Sounders set to host Revolution
- Sputtering Galaxy aim to get back on track vs. Union
- Minnesota aims for second straight win, hosts 'Quakes
- West-best Timbers test mettle at FC Dallas
- Chicago's McCarty returns to Red Bull Arena
- Kreis, Orlando City remain wary of reeling Rapids
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have claimed forward Jack McInerney off waivers from the Portland Timbers.
The Galaxy made the move Tuesday.
McInerney has scored 43 goals while playing for four teams in his Major League Soccer career.
He was drafted by Philadelphia in 2010 and scored 24 goals for the club before getting traded to Montreal in 2014. He also played for Columbus before joining Portland last season.
McInerney scored five goals in 24 games last season for the Timbers, who placed him on waivers last month.
The Galaxy (2-4-0) are a disappointing eighth in the Western Conference. They host defending league champion Seattle on Sunday.
Updated April 18, 2017