LA Galaxy claim Portland F Jack McInerney off waivers
European Football Headlines
- Guardiola uses Man City trophy win to back Catalonia protest
- PAOK vs. Olympiakos cancelled as paper roll hits coach
- League Cup: Man City old guard help Guardiola win 1st trophy
- PSG striker Neymar off on stretcher after twisting ankle
- Portuguese leader Porto routs Portimonense 5-1
- Atletico routs Sevilla 5-2, continues its chase of Barcelona
- AC Milan academy graduates shine v Roma; Juventus snowed out
- City lifts League Cup in style; United beats Chelsea 2-1
- Cologne beats Leipzig to boost Bundesliga survival hopes
- With 2 handshakes, Mourinho-Conte feud appears over
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have claimed forward Jack McInerney off waivers from the Portland Timbers.
The Galaxy made the move Tuesday.
McInerney has scored 43 goals while playing for four teams in his Major League Soccer career.
He was drafted by Philadelphia in 2010 and scored 24 goals for the club before getting traded to Montreal in 2014. He also played for Columbus before joining Portland last season.
McInerney scored five goals in 24 games last season for the Timbers, who placed him on waivers last month.
The Galaxy (2-4-0) are a disappointing eighth in the Western Conference. They host defending league champion Seattle on Sunday.
Updated April 18, 2017