LA Galaxy claim Portland F Jack McInerney off waivers
European Football Headlines
- Watford-Crystal Palace Preview
- Chelsea-Huddersfield Town Preview
- Stoke City-Burnley Preview
- PAOK thrashes Panathinaikos 4-0 in Greek league
- Messi, Suarez strike after Villarreal reduced to 10 men
- Record-setting City wins derby for 11-point lead in EPL
- Porto striker Aboubakar gets hat trick in 5-0 win at Setubal
- Napoli draws 0-0 against Fiorentina, fails to go back top
- Sporting KC sends Oliveira, Pasher to Atlanta for Jones, GK
- Already through, Besiktas beats Leipzig in Champions League
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have claimed forward Jack McInerney off waivers from the Portland Timbers.
The Galaxy made the move Tuesday.
McInerney has scored 43 goals while playing for four teams in his Major League Soccer career.
He was drafted by Philadelphia in 2010 and scored 24 goals for the club before getting traded to Montreal in 2014. He also played for Columbus before joining Portland last season.
McInerney scored five goals in 24 games last season for the Timbers, who placed him on waivers last month.
The Galaxy (2-4-0) are a disappointing eighth in the Western Conference. They host defending league champion Seattle on Sunday.
Updated April 18, 2017