Real Salt Lake fires coach Jeff Cassar
European Football Headlines
- Thiago Alcantara extends contract at Bayern Munich to 2021
- FIFA audit official admits bribery in US federal probe
- Sevilla and Atletico in intense fight for 3rd in Spain
- Gamba Osaka bans fans for displaying controversial banner
- Asia-based FIFA official pleads guilty to corruption charges
- Fellaini sent off but United holds City to 0-0 in EPL derby
- Sevilla wins late to move even with Atletico in 3rd place
- French authorities investigate 2018 and 2022 World Cup bids
- Man City settles for draw after controlling Man United
- Leicester City-West Brom Preview
SANDY, Utah (AP) Real Salt Lake has fired coach Jeff Cassar.
The club announced Monday that director of goalkeeping Daryl Shore will step in as interim head coach.
Real Salt Lake is ninth in the MLS Western Conference with an 0-2-1 record. The team has gone winless in its past 10 matches going back to the 2016 season. Real Salt Lake has scored just one goal in three games this season.
Cassar joined the organization in 2007 as an assistant coach and was promoted in 2014. The team went 38-37-30 during his tenure. The team retained Cassar for the 2017 season after his contract expired following the 2016 season.
General Manager Craig Waibel said in a statement there is a "sense of urgency for progress this season," which is why the move was made now.
Updated March 20, 2017