Real Salt Lake fires coach Jeff Cassar
European Football Headlines
- Toronto FC beats Union to stretch unbeaten streak to 8 games
- Man United to begin League Cup defense v Burton in 3rd round
- Landon Donovan has seen both sides of Cali Clasico
- Newcastle's woes continue with 2nd-round exit in League Cup
- Sparkling Liverpool back in the Champions League
- England eyes Champions League revival with 5 in groups draw
- Man City owners expand portfolio with deal for Girona FC
- Tottenham makes 1st summer signings in Sanchez, Gazzaniga
- FIFA to send in emergency team to run Cameroon football
- Griezmann banned for 2 matches after disrespecting referee
SANDY, Utah (AP) Real Salt Lake has fired coach Jeff Cassar.
The club announced Monday that director of goalkeeping Daryl Shore will step in as interim head coach.
Real Salt Lake is ninth in the MLS Western Conference with an 0-2-1 record. The team has gone winless in its past 10 matches going back to the 2016 season. Real Salt Lake has scored just one goal in three games this season.
Cassar joined the organization in 2007 as an assistant coach and was promoted in 2014. The team went 38-37-30 during his tenure. The team retained Cassar for the 2017 season after his contract expired following the 2016 season.
General Manager Craig Waibel said in a statement there is a "sense of urgency for progress this season," which is why the move was made now.
Updated March 20, 2017