Real Salt Lake fires coach Jeff Cassar
European Football Headlines
- Inter's unbeaten start ends with 3-1 defeat to Udinese
- Benteke ends goal drought as Palace beats Leicester 3-0
- Kim Shin-wook scores twice, South Korea wins EAFF E-1 title
- FIFA suspends Brazilian soccer president Marco Polo del Nero
- Berizzo returns to coach Sevilla after treating tumor
- Raffael leads 'Gladbach to 4th place with win over Hamburg
- Ligue 1 titleholder Monaco wins 4-0 at sorry Saint-Etienne
- South American football ex-boss Figueredo is released
- France will host Ireland in World Cup on May 28 in Paris
- Lille fires coach Bielsa after suspended him last month
SANDY, Utah (AP) Real Salt Lake has fired coach Jeff Cassar.
The club announced Monday that director of goalkeeping Daryl Shore will step in as interim head coach.
Real Salt Lake is ninth in the MLS Western Conference with an 0-2-1 record. The team has gone winless in its past 10 matches going back to the 2016 season. Real Salt Lake has scored just one goal in three games this season.
Cassar joined the organization in 2007 as an assistant coach and was promoted in 2014. The team went 38-37-30 during his tenure. The team retained Cassar for the 2017 season after his contract expired following the 2016 season.
General Manager Craig Waibel said in a statement there is a "sense of urgency for progress this season," which is why the move was made now.
Updated March 20, 2017