Real Salt Lake fires coach Jeff Cassar
European Football Headlines
- FIFA publishes Garcia report on 2018-2022 World Cup bidding
- Germany beats England on penalties, into U21 Euros final
- Saul Niguez scores 3 for Spain to reach European U21 final
- FIFA: No improper activity by Qatar but conduct questioned
- Agent Jorge Mendes appears before judge in Falcao tax probe
- Fox Sports, Facebook team up to stream Champions League
- Slavia Prague signs midfielders Danny, Altintop, Rotan
- Austria 'keeper Almer out indefinitely after knee surgery
- Italy goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu leaves PSG for Torino
- Sparta Prague signs forwards Ben Chaim, Plavsic
SANDY, Utah (AP) Real Salt Lake has fired coach Jeff Cassar.
The club announced Monday that director of goalkeeping Daryl Shore will step in as interim head coach.
Real Salt Lake is ninth in the MLS Western Conference with an 0-2-1 record. The team has gone winless in its past 10 matches going back to the 2016 season. Real Salt Lake has scored just one goal in three games this season.
Cassar joined the organization in 2007 as an assistant coach and was promoted in 2014. The team went 38-37-30 during his tenure. The team retained Cassar for the 2017 season after his contract expired following the 2016 season.
General Manager Craig Waibel said in a statement there is a "sense of urgency for progress this season," which is why the move was made now.
Updated March 20, 2017