Real Salt Lake fires coach Jeff Cassar
European Football Headlines
- Arsenal hires Unai Emery as Arsene Wenger's successor
- Hard road to World Cup dream for young Russian players
- WORLD CUP: Cruyff-inspired Netherlands falls short in 1974
- Zidane's dressing room management key to Madrid's success
- Ukraine accuses most professional clubs of match-fixing
- Report: Rabiot refuses to be among French World Cup reserves
- Neymar back in training with Brazil ahead of World Cup
- State TV: Ghana president orders arrest of FIFA executive
- Celta Vigo hires Argentine coach Mohamed on 2-year deal
- Brazil goalkeeper Alisson anointed No. 1 for World Cup
SANDY, Utah (AP) Real Salt Lake has fired coach Jeff Cassar.
The club announced Monday that director of goalkeeping Daryl Shore will step in as interim head coach.
Real Salt Lake is ninth in the MLS Western Conference with an 0-2-1 record. The team has gone winless in its past 10 matches going back to the 2016 season. Real Salt Lake has scored just one goal in three games this season.
Cassar joined the organization in 2007 as an assistant coach and was promoted in 2014. The team went 38-37-30 during his tenure. The team retained Cassar for the 2017 season after his contract expired following the 2016 season.
General Manager Craig Waibel said in a statement there is a "sense of urgency for progress this season," which is why the move was made now.
Updated March 20, 2017