Real Salt Lake fires coach Jeff Cassar
European Football Headlines
- UEFA Nations League gets $94 million prize fund for 55 teams
- Dutch police detain 25 England supporters for violence
- Usain Bolt delights fans by scoring in Dortmund training
- United States tops FIFA women's rankings, England No. 2
- Vancouver tries to extend home unbeaten streak vs. LA
- D.C. United, Crew cope with call-ups
- Red Bulls on edge with Minnesota visiting
- Revolution host NYC FC hoping to extend home win streak
- FC Dallas, Portland enter match following differing results
- Mexico has to solve 2 major questions before the World Cup
SANDY, Utah (AP) Real Salt Lake has fired coach Jeff Cassar.
The club announced Monday that director of goalkeeping Daryl Shore will step in as interim head coach.
Real Salt Lake is ninth in the MLS Western Conference with an 0-2-1 record. The team has gone winless in its past 10 matches going back to the 2016 season. Real Salt Lake has scored just one goal in three games this season.
Cassar joined the organization in 2007 as an assistant coach and was promoted in 2014. The team went 38-37-30 during his tenure. The team retained Cassar for the 2017 season after his contract expired following the 2016 season.
General Manager Craig Waibel said in a statement there is a "sense of urgency for progress this season," which is why the move was made now.
Updated March 20, 2017