Real Salt Lake fires coach Jeff Cassar
European Football Headlines
- Chelsea recovers from opening-round loss to beat Tottenham
- 'Gladbach beats Cologne, Frankfurt held on Boateng's return
- Totti-less Roma beats Atalanta 1-0 in Serie A
- Ocampos red as Marseille draws; Neymar set for home debut
- Alonso nets 2 as Chelsea survives Tottenham
- Bayern, Leipzig drawn against each other in German Cup
- Mooy scores as Huddersfield tops Newcastle 1-0
- Huddersfield beats Newcastle to make it 2 wins out of 2
- Qatar World Cup organizers present plans for latest stadium
- Hamburg's Mueller out 6 months after costly goal celebration
SANDY, Utah (AP) Real Salt Lake has fired coach Jeff Cassar.
The club announced Monday that director of goalkeeping Daryl Shore will step in as interim head coach.
Real Salt Lake is ninth in the MLS Western Conference with an 0-2-1 record. The team has gone winless in its past 10 matches going back to the 2016 season. Real Salt Lake has scored just one goal in three games this season.
Cassar joined the organization in 2007 as an assistant coach and was promoted in 2014. The team went 38-37-30 during his tenure. The team retained Cassar for the 2017 season after his contract expired following the 2016 season.
General Manager Craig Waibel said in a statement there is a "sense of urgency for progress this season," which is why the move was made now.
Updated March 20, 2017