Royer scores twice as Red Bulls beat LAFC 2-1
European Football Headlines
- Barcelona reaches Copa quarters but could be disqualified
- European soccer weekend: What to watch in the main leagues
- Barcelona faces complaint for using suspended player in Copa
- Qatar, Japan advance in Asian Cup with perfect record
- Chelsea-Arsenal Preview
- Burnley-Watford Preview
- West Ham United-Bournemouth Preview
- Cardiff City-Newcastle United Preview
- Crystal Palace-Liverpool Preview
- Leicester City-Wolverhampton Preview
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) Daniel Royer scored two goals to help the New York Red Bulls beat Los Angeles FC 2-1 on Sunday night.
New York has won four of its last five.
Royer tapped home a pass from Bradley Wright-Phillips to give the Red Bulls (14-6-2) the lead for good in the 80th minute. Wright-Phillips ran onto a long, arcing pass from Marc Rzatkowski at the top of the box, took a couple dribbles and fed Royer for a first-timer into an open net.
Royer opened the scoring in the 39th. Michael Murillo's shot from the right side was stopped by goalkeeper Tyler Miller, but the rebound rolled to Royer - who had tripped over a defender and fallen - for the finish from point-blank range.
Diego Rossi put away a feed, which slipped between two defenders, from Carlos Vela to make it 1-1 in the 53rd.
LAFC (10-6-6) is winless in its last four games.
Updated August 5, 2018