NYCFC snaps Montreal Impact's 4-game win streak 3-0
European Football Headlines
- Dzeko scores late as Roma wins 3-2 at Frosinone in Serie A
- Messi hits 50th hat trick to give Barca 4-2 win at Sevilla
- Mbappe scores again as runaway leader PSG beats Nimes 3-0
- After Tottenham loss, Pochettino loses temper as well
- Bayern turns up heat on Dortmund at top of Bundesliga
- Zaha scores twice as Crystal Palace beats Leicester
- Schalke sporting director Heidel to step down
- Bournemouth, Wolves trade penalties in 1-1 draw
- Newcastle beats 10-man Huddersfield 2-0 in Premier League
- Burnley beats Tottenham 2-1 despite Kane's scoring return
NEW YORK (AP) Ronald Matarrita had a goal and an assist to lead New York City FC to a 3-0 victory over the Montreal Impact on Wednesday night.
Matarrita entered as a substitute in the 62nd minute. Three minutes later, his chip caught Montreal goalkeeper Evan Bush out of position and found its way to the side netting to make it 2-0.
Maturita assisted on Jonathan Lewis' first MLS goal in the 76th minute, which was a header that glanced in off the right post.
Jesus Medina opened the scoring in the 60th minute with a left-footed smash from 20 yards out as NYCFC (11-4-4) snapped the Impact's four-game winning streak.
City remained unbeaten at home this season (9-0-1), with six of those wins coming via shutout. The Impact, which has been shut out seven times this season, dropped to 2-9-0 on the road and 8-12-0 overall.
Updated July 11, 2018