NYCFC snaps Montreal Impact's 4-game win streak 3-0
European Football Headlines
- Kashima ends China interest in Asian Champs League quarters
- AC Milan, Arsenal, Chelsea headline 48 Europa League teams
- Derby coach Frank Lampard fined for arguing with officials
- Jaroslav Silhavy named new Czech Republic coach
- Arsenal CEO Gazidis joins Milan in soccer boardroom transfer
- Ralston will manage Quakes at home vs. Atlanta United
- Union trying to snap Sounders' nine-game winning streak
- Probable playoff-bound Crew resting some vs. Timbers
- Girona halts Celta's run in Spanish league
- Brighton comes from 2 down to draw Southampton 2-2 in EPL
NEW YORK (AP) Ronald Matarrita had a goal and an assist to lead New York City FC to a 3-0 victory over the Montreal Impact on Wednesday night.
Matarrita entered as a substitute in the 62nd minute. Three minutes later, his chip caught Montreal goalkeeper Evan Bush out of position and found its way to the side netting to make it 2-0.
Maturita assisted on Jonathan Lewis' first MLS goal in the 76th minute, which was a header that glanced in off the right post.
Jesus Medina opened the scoring in the 60th minute with a left-footed smash from 20 yards out as NYCFC (11-4-4) snapped the Impact's four-game winning streak.
City remained unbeaten at home this season (9-0-1), with six of those wins coming via shutout. The Impact, which has been shut out seven times this season, dropped to 2-9-0 on the road and 8-12-0 overall.
Updated July 11, 2018