NYCFC snaps Montreal Impact's 4-game win streak 3-0
European Football Headlines
- Claudio Pizarro still setting Bundesliga records
- Nice coach Patrick Vieira is standing up to player power
- Joint celebration shows growing Ronaldo, Dybala rapport
- Milicic appointed interim coach of Australian women's team
- Saudis say crown prince doesn't intend to buy Man United
- Bayern braced for Klopp reunion at Liverpool
- Suspect in 2010 Cabanas shooting gets 20 years in Mexico
- Mbappe scores superb goal as PSG wins 1-0 at Saint-Etienne
- Madrid stunned by Girona, sees Barcelona increase its lead
- Icardi watches as Inter beats Sampdoria 2-1 in Serie A
NEW YORK (AP) Ronald Matarrita had a goal and an assist to lead New York City FC to a 3-0 victory over the Montreal Impact on Wednesday night.
Matarrita entered as a substitute in the 62nd minute. Three minutes later, his chip caught Montreal goalkeeper Evan Bush out of position and found its way to the side netting to make it 2-0.
Maturita assisted on Jonathan Lewis' first MLS goal in the 76th minute, which was a header that glanced in off the right post.
Jesus Medina opened the scoring in the 60th minute with a left-footed smash from 20 yards out as NYCFC (11-4-4) snapped the Impact's four-game winning streak.
City remained unbeaten at home this season (9-0-1), with six of those wins coming via shutout. The Impact, which has been shut out seven times this season, dropped to 2-9-0 on the road and 8-12-0 overall.
Updated July 11, 2018