Rusnak, Silva score in RSL's 2-0 win over FC Dallas
European Football Headlines
- Dzeko scores late as Roma wins 3-2 at Frosinone in Serie A
- Messi hits 50th hat trick to give Barca 4-2 win at Sevilla
- Mbappe scores again as runaway leader PSG beats Nimes 3-0
- After Tottenham loss, Pochettino loses temper as well
- Bayern turns up heat on Dortmund at top of Bundesliga
- Zaha scores twice as Crystal Palace beats Leicester
- Schalke sporting director Heidel to step down
- Bournemouth, Wolves trade penalties in 1-1 draw
- Newcastle beats 10-man Huddersfield 2-0 in Premier League
- Burnley beats Tottenham 2-1 despite Kane's scoring return
SANDY, Utah (AP) Albert Rusnak scored on an early penalty kick, Luis Silva added a stoppage-time goal and Real Salt Lake beat FC Dallas 2-0 on Saturday night.
Sebastian Saucedo drew the foul against Kellyn Acosta to set up Rusnak's goal in the 11th minute. Rusnak went low and to the left and goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez guessed the right way, but was unable to get to it.
Silva finished Jefferson Savarino's cross to cap a breakaway in the first minute of second-half stoppage time.
Savarino blocked Matt Hedges' header away to help preserve Real Salt Lake's lead in the 71st minute.
Real Salt Lake (9-8-2) started 10 homegrown players and subbed on an 11th to set an MLS record for most homegrown appearances in a single game.
FC Dallas dropped to 10-3-5 in losing their first game to a Western Conference opponent this season.
Updated July 8, 2018