Rusnak, Silva score in RSL's 2-0 win over FC Dallas
European Football Headlines
- AC Milan, Arsenal, Chelsea headline 48 Europa League teams
- Derby coach Frank Lampard fined for arguing with officials
- Jaroslav Silhavy named new Czech Republic coach
- Arsenal CEO Gazidis joins Milan in soccer boardroom transfer
- Ralston will manage Quakes at home vs. Atlanta United
- Union trying to snap Sounders' nine-game winning streak
- Probable playoff-bound Crew resting some vs. Timbers
- Girona halts Celta's run in Spanish league
- Brighton comes from 2 down to draw Southampton 2-2 in EPL
- Spal goes 2nd in Serie A with 2-0 win over Atalanta
SANDY, Utah (AP) Albert Rusnak scored on an early penalty kick, Luis Silva added a stoppage-time goal and Real Salt Lake beat FC Dallas 2-0 on Saturday night.
Sebastian Saucedo drew the foul against Kellyn Acosta to set up Rusnak's goal in the 11th minute. Rusnak went low and to the left and goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez guessed the right way, but was unable to get to it.
Silva finished Jefferson Savarino's cross to cap a breakaway in the first minute of second-half stoppage time.
Savarino blocked Matt Hedges' header away to help preserve Real Salt Lake's lead in the 71st minute.
Real Salt Lake (9-8-2) started 10 homegrown players and subbed on an 11th to set an MLS record for most homegrown appearances in a single game.
FC Dallas dropped to 10-3-5 in losing their first game to a Western Conference opponent this season.
Updated July 8, 2018