Rusnak, Silva score in RSL's 2-0 win over FC Dallas
European Football Headlines
- Rejuvenated Dutch strike late, into Nations League's Final 4
- Dutch into Nations League finals on dramatic draw in Germany
- English soccer clubs below PL reach $765M domestic TV deal
- Italy coach curious to see what Tonali and Co can do
- England set to be missing key player for Women's World Cup
- Spain wants 2030 World Cup bid with Morocco and Portugal
- France opens probe into alleged discrimination at PSG
- Gascoigne charged with sexually assaulting a woman on train
- Nikou elected as Football Federation Australia chairman
- England rises again, Belgium slumps in Nations League drama
SANDY, Utah (AP) Albert Rusnak scored on an early penalty kick, Luis Silva added a stoppage-time goal and Real Salt Lake beat FC Dallas 2-0 on Saturday night.
Sebastian Saucedo drew the foul against Kellyn Acosta to set up Rusnak's goal in the 11th minute. Rusnak went low and to the left and goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez guessed the right way, but was unable to get to it.
Silva finished Jefferson Savarino's cross to cap a breakaway in the first minute of second-half stoppage time.
Savarino blocked Matt Hedges' header away to help preserve Real Salt Lake's lead in the 71st minute.
Real Salt Lake (9-8-2) started 10 homegrown players and subbed on an 11th to set an MLS record for most homegrown appearances in a single game.
FC Dallas dropped to 10-3-5 in losing their first game to a Western Conference opponent this season.
Updated July 8, 2018