Toronto FC snaps 3-game skid in 2-2 draw at Sporting KC
European Football Headlines
- AC Milan, Arsenal, Chelsea headline 48 Europa League teams
- Derby coach Frank Lampard fined for arguing with officials
- Jaroslav Silhavy named new Czech Republic coach
- Arsenal CEO Gazidis joins Milan in soccer boardroom transfer
- Ralston will manage Quakes at home vs. Atlanta United
- Union trying to snap Sounders' nine-game winning streak
- Probable playoff-bound Crew resting some vs. Timbers
- Girona halts Celta's run in Spanish league
- Brighton comes from 2 down to draw Southampton 2-2 in EPL
- Spal goes 2nd in Serie A with 2-0 win over Atalanta
KANSAS CITY, Kansas (AP) Jordan Hamilton tied it in the 69th minute and Toronto FC held on for a 2-2 draw with Sporting Kansas City on Saturday night.
Hamilton made it 2-all with a left-footed shot from 25 yards straightaway that curled inside the left post. The tie snapped a three-game losing streak for Toronto FC (4-10-4).
Ilie Sanchez and Johnny Russell had rallied Sporting KC (9-4-6) to a 2-1 lead with a quick pair of goals earlier in the second half. Sanchez scored from the spot in the 57th minute and Russell ran onto a well-played ball from Diego Rubio and finished across the goalkeeper in the 61st.
Jonathan Osorio opened the scoring in the 25th minute for Toronto, redirecting Justin Morrow's cross into the net.
Updated July 7, 2018