Toronto FC overcomes 3-gooal deficit, ties DC United 4-4
European Football Headlines
- Matt Hedges lifts FC Dallas past Whitecaps, 2-1
- Galaxy beat Sounders for Kinnear's 1st win as interim coach
- Ronaldo recovers from red card misery to help Juve win 2-0
- Germany lacked 'greed' to defend WC; France to heed lessons
- Messi sets another record in Spain as Barcelona loses points
- Neymar gives jersey to crying boy as PSG beats Rennes 3-1
- Game paused as soccer fans protest esports
- Leverkusen gets 1st Bundesliga win after losing opening 3
- Cech stars as Arsenal beats Everton 2-0 for 5th straight win
- Europa League hangover hits flat Chelsea
TORONTO (AP) Nick Hagglund scored two of Toronto FC's four-second half goals and the Reds overcame a three-goal deficit to tie D.C. United 4-0 on Wednesday night.
Jonathan Osorio and Victor Vasquez also scored for defending MLS champion Toronto (4-7-3). Yamil Asad scored twice, and Paul Arriola and Darren Matt added goals for United (2-6-4).
Asad scored what appeared to be the winner in the 90th minute after Patrick Mullins found him unmarked in front of the net. ButHagglund tied it again seconds later when he connected on Osorio's cross.
Asad scored in the 12th minute, finishing a string of a dozen tic-tac-toe passes that sliced through Toronto's defense. Arriola doubled the visitors' lead 5 minutes later on a counterattack. Mattocks scored in the 45th minute on a defensive breakdown. Eric Zavaleta was about to clear the ball when he had it stolen from behind, and Mattocks beat Michael Bradley to score from close in.
Osorio finally got Toronto on the scoreboard in the 54th minute when he connected on a cross from Ryan Telfer just inside the 18-yard box.
Vasquez gave the crowd renewed hope in the 64th minute, when Sebastian Giovinco's shot banged off the crossbar and fell virtually at his feet. Vasquez one-timed it for an easy goal. Hagglund tied it in the 86th, racing up from the back line to connect on a cross from Justin Morrow.
Updated June 13, 2018