Katai caps wild opening 24 minutes, Fire tie Rapids 2-2
European Football Headlines
- Argentine fans celebrate River Plate's title at home
- Colombians have key impact on Copa Libertadores final
- Copa Libertadores saga ends as River Plate wins in Madrid
- Ibrahimovic to stay with LA Galaxy, AC Milan's Leonardo says
- Cutrone misses easy chance as Milan held by Torino
- Man City's Raheem Sterling says media coverage fuels racism
- Gladbach reclaims 2nd place from Bayern in Bundesliga
- Wolves beat 10-man Newcastle with late goal
- Nicolas Pepe scores last-gasp equalizer, Lille moves to 2nd
- No secret to building women's soccer in Africa: Play more
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (AP) Aleksandar Katai scored the fourth goal of the game in the 24th minute and the Chicago Fire tied the Colorado Rapids 2-2 on Wednesday night.
Colorado took a 2-0 lead in the first 15 minutes on goals by Dominique Badji and Tommy Smith. But nine minutes later, Chicago tied it after an own goal and Katai's finish.
Badji, returning from suspension, got it started in the seventh minute by rolling in his first goal since April 29th. Smith was left wide open for an easy header at the far post.
Danny Wilson's own goal put the Fire within a goal in the 21st. Katai controlled a long pass with his chest, beat his defender and curled in a shot off the crossbar.
Chicago (5-7-4) is 1-2-2 in its last five road games. Colorado (2-9-3) ended a franchise-worst eight-game losing streak. It was tied for the second-longest league losing streak since the start of 2010.
Updated June 13, 2018