Atlanta United ends Orlando City's 6-game win streak, 2-1
European Football Headlines
- Asian Cup: Japan tops Saudi Arabia, Australia wins shootout
- US investors take over Spanish 2nd-division club Reus
- Cole reunites with Lampard for Derby promotion push
- Huddersfield hires another coach from Dortmund reserve team
- Ronaldo to plead guilty to tax fraud in Madrid court
- Milan beats Genoa 2-0 to move back into 4th in Serie A
- Arsenal's head of recruitment leaves club after 1 year
- Sarri must face up to own failings in Chelsea blame game
- Casemiro getting back to his best with Madrid
- With Verratti out, PSG coach Tuchel needs Rabiot back now
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) Josef Martinez scored his eighth goal of the season for a share of the MLS lead and Atlanta United snapped Orlando City's six-game winning streak with a 2-1 victory Sunday night.
Greg Garza drew the penalty in the ninth minute to set up Martinez for the opening goal from the spot a minute later. Martinez tied Columbus' Gyasi Zardes for the league lead.
Atlanta United (8-2-1) took a 2-0 lead in the 31st minute when Ezequiel Barco connected with Garza for a give-and-go that Barco finished with a rising shot that glanced underneath the crossbar.
Justin Meram pounced on the rebound of Will Johnson's saved attempted and slotted home the putback to bring Orlando City (6-3-1) within a goal in the 57th. It was Meram's first goal with the Lions.
Atlanta has won four of its last five.
Updated May 13, 2018