Royer, Etienne score in Red Bulls' 2-1 win over Rapids
European Football Headlines
- Ronaldo misses penalty but Juventus beats Chievo 3-0
- Asian Cup: Japan tops Saudi Arabia, Australia wins shootout
- US investors take over Spanish 2nd-division club Reus
- Cole reunites with Lampard for Derby promotion push
- Huddersfield hires another coach from Dortmund reserve team
- Ronaldo to plead guilty to tax fraud in Madrid court
- Arsenal's head of recruitment leaves club after 1 year
- Sarri must face up to own failings in Chelsea blame game
- Casemiro getting back to his best with Madrid
- With Verratti out, PSG coach Tuchel needs Rabiot back now
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (AP) Daniel Royer and Derrick Etienne scored to help the New York Red Bulls beat the Colorado Rapids 2-1 on Saturday night.
Royer opened the scoring in the fifth minute with a left-footed half volley to finish Bradley Wright-Phillips' wide cross.
Etienne was initially called offside on a goal in the 76th minute, but video review reversed the call and the Red Bulls (6-3-0) led 2-0.
Jack McBean pulled the Rapids (2-5-2) to 2-1 with a follow-up on Shkelzen Gashi's saved attempt in the 85th minute.
The Red Bulls have won four of their last five. The Rapids have dropped four in a row.
Updated May 12, 2018