Royer, Etienne score in Red Bulls' 2-1 win over Rapids
European Football Headlines
- Madrid to continue Champions League victory party with fans
- Amid rape allegation, Jordaan re-elected SAfrica soccer boss
- Future unclear for Ronaldo, Bale after Champions League win
- Mattocks, DC United get 1-1 draw with 10-man LAFC
- Armenteros scores twice, Timbers win 6th straight
- Ramirez, Ibarra help Minnesota United beat Impact 2-0
- Wonder-goal, gaffes, injuries as Madrid seals CL three-peat
- Alan Gordon scores in 82nd, Fire beats Orlando City 2-1
- Robles honored in Red Bulls' scoreless draw with Union
- Saucedo scores first goal of season, RSL tops Sounders 1-0
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (AP) Daniel Royer and Derrick Etienne scored to help the New York Red Bulls beat the Colorado Rapids 2-1 on Saturday night.
Royer opened the scoring in the fifth minute with a left-footed half volley to finish Bradley Wright-Phillips' wide cross.
Etienne was initially called offside on a goal in the 76th minute, but video review reversed the call and the Red Bulls (6-3-0) led 2-0.
Jack McBean pulled the Rapids (2-5-2) to 2-1 with a follow-up on Shkelzen Gashi's saved attempt in the 85th minute.
The Red Bulls have won four of their last five. The Rapids have dropped four in a row.
Updated May 12, 2018