Royer, Etienne score in Red Bulls' 2-1 win over Rapids
European Football Headlines
- CONMEBOL removes Wilmar Valdez from his FIFA Council role
- Montreal needs to win, get help in playoff chase
- D.C. United could secure playoff spot with win over NYCFC
- Atlanta United could be missing two top players vs. Fire
- Crowd of 50,000-plus will watch Minnesota's last home game
- Spanish sensation Alaves wins at Celta to take league lead
- Dembele and Depay score against Nimes as Lyon moves into 3rd
- Unstoppable Jovic nets 5 as Frankfurt routs Duesseldorf 7-1
- Doctor says Maradona needs prostheses on his knees
- Unhappy Bayern Munich lashes out against media coverage
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (AP) Daniel Royer and Derrick Etienne scored to help the New York Red Bulls beat the Colorado Rapids 2-1 on Saturday night.
Royer opened the scoring in the fifth minute with a left-footed half volley to finish Bradley Wright-Phillips' wide cross.
Etienne was initially called offside on a goal in the 76th minute, but video review reversed the call and the Red Bulls (6-3-0) led 2-0.
Jack McBean pulled the Rapids (2-5-2) to 2-1 with a follow-up on Shkelzen Gashi's saved attempt in the 85th minute.
The Red Bulls have won four of their last five. The Rapids have dropped four in a row.
Updated May 12, 2018