Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores, Galaxy beat Fire 1-0
European Football Headlines
- Everton-Manchester City Preview
- Chelsea condemns anti-Semitic chant by fans in Budapest
- Milan out as Sevilla, Villarreal advance in Europa League
- Bournemouth-Wolverhampton Preview
- Newcastle United-Huddersfield Town Preview
- Burnley-Tottenham Hotspur Preview
- Spanish 2nd-division club Reus on brink of extinction
- West Ham United-Fulham Preview
- What to watch in the leading soccer leagues in Europe
- PSG vs. Dijon among 5 weekend French league games postponed
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored in his first MLS start and the Los Angeles Galaxy beat the Chicago Fire 1-0 on Saturday.
Ibrahimovic headed home Ashley Cole's deep diagonal cross in the first minute of first-half stoppage time. The Swedish forward played as a substitute in his first two appearances for the Galaxy (3-2-1). He has three goals in 127 minutes.
Galaxy goalkeeper David Bingham made four saves to preserve his second clean sheet of the season.
The Fire dropped to 1-3-1.
Updated April 14, 2018