Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores, Galaxy beat Fire 1-0
European Football Headlines
- Salah magic leads Liverpool to 5-2 win over Roma in CL semis
- Zimbabwe referee says he was offered bribe to fix game
- Man attacked outside Anfield before Liverpool-Roma game
- Semifinal meeting between Bayern and Madrid rich in history
- Linesman has flag trouble in Champions League game
- WORLD CUP: Salah can rouse Egypt after 28-year wait
- WORLD CUP: Uruguay striker Suarez seeking redemption
- WORLD CUP: Coaching changes unsettle lowest-ranked Saudis
- WORLD CUP: Injuries, dull style a concern for host Russia
- Udinese fires coach Oddo, replaces him with Tudor
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored in his first MLS start and the Los Angeles Galaxy beat the Chicago Fire 1-0 on Saturday.
Ibrahimovic headed home Ashley Cole's deep diagonal cross in the first minute of first-half stoppage time. The Swedish forward played as a substitute in his first two appearances for the Galaxy (3-2-1). He has three goals in 127 minutes.
Galaxy goalkeeper David Bingham made four saves to preserve his second clean sheet of the season.
The Fire dropped to 1-3-1.
Updated April 14, 2018