Atiba Harris, FC Dallas tie Rapids 1-1
European Football Headlines
- Nick Pope: From non-league to potential England WCup starter
- England weak in key areas as World Cup approaches
- Okon quits as Central Coast coach in Australia' A-League
- Joint World Cup bidders: Trump hasn't sparked voter concerns
- Ronaldo versus Messi: Scoring race heats up in Spain
- Banker Gaetano Micciche elected Serie A president
- Lyon risks season ban by UEFA for fan racism, disorder
- Kekuta Manneh added to US roster for Paraguay game March 27
- Astori 'tragedy' weighs on Italy as rebuilding process opens
- Brazil to play Austria in final warmup game for World Cup
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (AP) Atiba Harris scored the tying goal early in the second half and FC Dallas and the Colorado Rapids played to a 1-1 draw Saturday night.
Harris headed down Javier Morales' corner from the top of the 6-yard box in the 54th minute.
Stefan Aigner opened the scoring for the Rapids (8-18-6) in the 15th minute on a give-and-go with Joshua Gatt.
FC Dallas (10-9-13) eliminated Minnesota United from playoff contention and moved above the red line into a fifth-place tie with the Houston Dynamo at 43 points. But Dallas has gone just 1-6-6 in its last 13 games and, with two games to go, holds only a one-point edge in the standings over Real Salt Lake and San Jose.
Updated October 7, 2017