Meram, Kamara lead Crew to 2-1 win over Toronto FC
European Football Headlines
- Sanchez scores early but Chile held by Germany to a 1-1 draw
- Egypt winger Salah back in EPL at Liverpool for record fee
- Cameroon's Aboubakar lets Australia off hook at Confed Cup
- Toronto FC aims to bolster lead in East, ready for Revs
- Kenny Saief gets FIFA OK to change to US from Israel
- Geiger, Marrufo, Villarreal picked as Gold Cup referees
- Mainz signs former Germany 'keeper Adler on free transfer
- Qatar stadium safety concerns raised by death investigation
- Germany mulls letting China under-20s play league soccer
- Where Europe meets Asia, Kazan offers rich diversity
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Justin Meram and Ola Kamara scored, and Zack Steffen made four saves to help the Columbus Crew beat Toronto FC 2-1 on Saturday night.
Meram put Columbus (4-2-1) in front for good in the 44th minute, poking Alex Crognale's header - off a corner kick by Federico Higuain - into the net with the outside of his right foot.
Jozy Altidore gave Toronto (1-1-4) a 1-0 lead in the 21st, heading home a corner kick by Victor Vazquez. Kamara tied it about 16 minutes later, tapping in a perfect feed from Niko Hansen.
The 22-year-old Steffen tied his career high with four saves - including a sliding stop of Altidore in the 24th minute and a diving, right-handed save moments later.
TFC outshot the Crew 19-11.
Updated April 15, 2017