Meram, Kamara lead Crew to 2-1 win over Toronto FC
European Football Headlines
- Hundreds of South African soccer fans riot at game
- Sounders beat Minnesota 3-1 for 1st win of season
- AEK beats Levadiakos 2-0, moves closer to Greek title
- 3 established powers, 1 upstart in Champions League semis
- Napoli snatches 1-0 win at Juventus to reignite title race
- Salah beats De Bruyne to win PFA player of the year award
- French champion PSG aiming for 100 points after Bordeaux win
- Atletico held 0-0 by Betis ahead of visit to Arsenal
- Argentina's Biglia faces race to be fit after back injury
- CONCACAF cancels Women's U17 tournament because of violence
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Justin Meram and Ola Kamara scored, and Zack Steffen made four saves to help the Columbus Crew beat Toronto FC 2-1 on Saturday night.
Meram put Columbus (4-2-1) in front for good in the 44th minute, poking Alex Crognale's header - off a corner kick by Federico Higuain - into the net with the outside of his right foot.
Jozy Altidore gave Toronto (1-1-4) a 1-0 lead in the 21st, heading home a corner kick by Victor Vazquez. Kamara tied it about 16 minutes later, tapping in a perfect feed from Niko Hansen.
The 22-year-old Steffen tied his career high with four saves - including a sliding stop of Altidore in the 24th minute and a diving, right-handed save moments later.
TFC outshot the Crew 19-11.
Updated April 15, 2017