Meram, Kamara lead Crew to 2-1 win over Toronto FC
European Football Headlines
- Neymar to start in unchanged Brazil team to face Costa Rica
- The Latest: Giroud, Matuidi earn starts for France vs. Peru
- Australia gets crucial 1-1 draw with Denmark at World Cup
- On a roll in Russia, Mexico begs World Cup fans to behave
- World Cup stars mostly stifled, with 1 Portuguese exception
- Fearless Loftus-Cheek set for England chance at World Cup
- More than ever, and without a team, it is China's World Cup
- Former FIFA boss Blatter revels in visit to Putin, World Cup
- Messi dogged by Ronaldo, history as Argentina meets Croatia
- St. Petersburg's white nights light up fans' World Cup
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Justin Meram and Ola Kamara scored, and Zack Steffen made four saves to help the Columbus Crew beat Toronto FC 2-1 on Saturday night.
Meram put Columbus (4-2-1) in front for good in the 44th minute, poking Alex Crognale's header - off a corner kick by Federico Higuain - into the net with the outside of his right foot.
Jozy Altidore gave Toronto (1-1-4) a 1-0 lead in the 21st, heading home a corner kick by Victor Vazquez. Kamara tied it about 16 minutes later, tapping in a perfect feed from Niko Hansen.
The 22-year-old Steffen tied his career high with four saves - including a sliding stop of Altidore in the 24th minute and a diving, right-handed save moments later.
TFC outshot the Crew 19-11.
Updated April 15, 2017