Meram, Kamara lead Crew to 2-1 win over Toronto FC
European Football Headlines
- Altidore scores twice, Toronto beats Houston 2-0
- As soccer soars, court docs detail graft in Brazilian sports
- Real Salt Lake visits nemesis Sporting KC
- Columbus opens homestand against New York City
- Reinvigorated Sounders set to host Revolution
- Sputtering Galaxy aim to get back on track vs. Union
- Minnesota aims for second straight win, hosts 'Quakes
- West-best Timbers test mettle at FC Dallas
- Chicago's McCarty returns to Red Bull Arena
- Kreis, Orlando City remain wary of reeling Rapids
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Justin Meram and Ola Kamara scored, and Zack Steffen made four saves to help the Columbus Crew beat Toronto FC 2-1 on Saturday night.
Meram put Columbus (4-2-1) in front for good in the 44th minute, poking Alex Crognale's header - off a corner kick by Federico Higuain - into the net with the outside of his right foot.
Jozy Altidore gave Toronto (1-1-4) a 1-0 lead in the 21st, heading home a corner kick by Victor Vazquez. Kamara tied it about 16 minutes later, tapping in a perfect feed from Niko Hansen.
The 22-year-old Steffen tied his career high with four saves - including a sliding stop of Altidore in the 24th minute and a diving, right-handed save moments later.
TFC outshot the Crew 19-11.
Updated April 15, 2017