Meram, Kamara lead Crew to 2-1 win over Toronto FC
European Football Headlines
- Guardiola uses Man City trophy win to back Catalonia protest
- PAOK vs. Olympiakos cancelled as paper roll hits coach
- League Cup: Man City old guard help Guardiola win 1st trophy
- PSG striker Neymar off on stretcher after twisting ankle
- Portuguese leader Porto routs Portimonense 5-1
- Atletico routs Sevilla 5-2, continues its chase of Barcelona
- AC Milan academy graduates shine v Roma; Juventus snowed out
- City lifts League Cup in style; United beats Chelsea 2-1
- Cologne beats Leipzig to boost Bundesliga survival hopes
- With 2 handshakes, Mourinho-Conte feud appears over
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Justin Meram and Ola Kamara scored, and Zack Steffen made four saves to help the Columbus Crew beat Toronto FC 2-1 on Saturday night.
Meram put Columbus (4-2-1) in front for good in the 44th minute, poking Alex Crognale's header - off a corner kick by Federico Higuain - into the net with the outside of his right foot.
Jozy Altidore gave Toronto (1-1-4) a 1-0 lead in the 21st, heading home a corner kick by Victor Vazquez. Kamara tied it about 16 minutes later, tapping in a perfect feed from Niko Hansen.
The 22-year-old Steffen tied his career high with four saves - including a sliding stop of Altidore in the 24th minute and a diving, right-handed save moments later.
TFC outshot the Crew 19-11.
Updated April 15, 2017