Meram, Kamara lead Crew to 2-1 win over Toronto FC
European Football Headlines
- Sky Blue's Sam Kerr named NWSL league MVP for 2017
- Arsenal-Everton Preview
- Morgan, Rapinoe lift US soccer past South Korea 3-1
- Liverpool-Tottenham Hotspur Preview
- Malta captain mutes goal celebration after journalist slain
- Brazil summons Costa and leaves out Luiz for friendlies
- Juventus tops Champs League prize money table; Leicester 2nd
- Everton bans fan who aimed punch at Lyon goalkeeper
- Russia glad to welcome Blatter, Platini as World Cup guests
- UEFA charges Roma over fans' racist chants at Chelsea game
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Justin Meram and Ola Kamara scored, and Zack Steffen made four saves to help the Columbus Crew beat Toronto FC 2-1 on Saturday night.
Meram put Columbus (4-2-1) in front for good in the 44th minute, poking Alex Crognale's header - off a corner kick by Federico Higuain - into the net with the outside of his right foot.
Jozy Altidore gave Toronto (1-1-4) a 1-0 lead in the 21st, heading home a corner kick by Victor Vazquez. Kamara tied it about 16 minutes later, tapping in a perfect feed from Niko Hansen.
The 22-year-old Steffen tied his career high with four saves - including a sliding stop of Altidore in the 24th minute and a diving, right-handed save moments later.
TFC outshot the Crew 19-11.
Updated April 15, 2017