Galaxy get 1st win behind Boateng's goal in 74th minute
European Football Headlines
- Hundreds of South African soccer fans riot at game
- Sounders beat Minnesota 3-1 for 1st win of season
- AEK beats Levadiakos 2-0, moves closer to Greek title
- 3 established powers, 1 upstart in Champions League semis
- Napoli snatches 1-0 win at Juventus to reignite title race
- Salah beats De Bruyne to win PFA player of the year award
- French champion PSG aiming for 100 points after Bordeaux win
- Atletico held 0-0 by Betis ahead of visit to Arsenal
- Argentina's Biglia faces race to be fit after back injury
- CONCACAF cancels Women's U17 tournament because of violence
SANDY, Utah (AP) Emmanuel Boateng found the inside of the net for what turned out to be the game-winner in the 74th minute and Los Angeles earned its first win of the year 2-1 against Real Salt Lake on Saturday night.
Boateng's goal was set up by Romain Alessandrini who drew the defense around him on the right side of the box before firing a pass to the opposite side to a streaking Boateng who beat goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
Alessandrini also assisted on the Galaxy's (1-2-0) first goal, which tied the score at one in the 69th minute. Alessandrini found Romney with a cross to the middle of the box, who then fired a left-footed shot just under the crossbar.
Real Salt Lake (0-2-1) took an early lead in the 18th minute after a goal by Yura Movsisyan. Movsisyan took a high arching into the box by Albert Rusn�k and headed it through.
Updated March 18, 2017