Galaxy get 1st win behind Boateng's goal in 74th minute
European Football Headlines
- Toronto FC beats Union to stretch unbeaten streak to 8 games
- Man United to begin League Cup defense v Burton in 3rd round
- Landon Donovan has seen both sides of Cali Clasico
- Newcastle's woes continue with 2nd-round exit in League Cup
- Sparkling Liverpool back in the Champions League
- England eyes Champions League revival with 5 in groups draw
- Man City owners expand portfolio with deal for Girona FC
- Tottenham makes 1st summer signings in Sanchez, Gazzaniga
- FIFA to send in emergency team to run Cameroon football
- Griezmann banned for 2 matches after disrespecting referee
SANDY, Utah (AP) Emmanuel Boateng found the inside of the net for what turned out to be the game-winner in the 74th minute and Los Angeles earned its first win of the year 2-1 against Real Salt Lake on Saturday night.
Boateng's goal was set up by Romain Alessandrini who drew the defense around him on the right side of the box before firing a pass to the opposite side to a streaking Boateng who beat goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
Alessandrini also assisted on the Galaxy's (1-2-0) first goal, which tied the score at one in the 69th minute. Alessandrini found Romney with a cross to the middle of the box, who then fired a left-footed shot just under the crossbar.
Real Salt Lake (0-2-1) took an early lead in the 18th minute after a goal by Yura Movsisyan. Movsisyan took a high arching into the box by Albert Rusn�k and headed it through.
Updated March 18, 2017