Galaxy get 1st win behind Boateng's goal in 74th minute
European Football Headlines
- Dempsey hat trick lifts US over Honduras 6-0 to rebound
- Hernandez, Araujo score in 1st half, Mexico beats Costa Rica
- New Zealand beats Fiji 2-0 in World Cup qualifier
- Howard, Dempsey, Cameron return under Arena vs Honduras
- Spain and Italy level atop group as are Spain and Ireland
- Irish player breaks leg in European qualifier against Wales
- Ireland draws 10-man Wales; Serbia moves top of Group D
- Spain and Italy win home games to say in front in Group G
- Croatia tops table with 1-0 win over Ukraine, Iceland 2nd
- Italy match halted for 9 mins as Albania fans throw flares
SANDY, Utah (AP) Emmanuel Boateng found the inside of the net for what turned out to be the game-winner in the 74th minute and Los Angeles earned its first win of the year 2-1 against Real Salt Lake on Saturday night.
Boateng's goal was set up by Romain Alessandrini who drew the defense around him on the right side of the box before firing a pass to the opposite side to a streaking Boateng who beat goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
Alessandrini also assisted on the Galaxy's (1-2-0) first goal, which tied the score at one in the 69th minute. Alessandrini found Romney with a cross to the middle of the box, who then fired a left-footed shot just under the crossbar.
Real Salt Lake (0-2-1) took an early lead in the 18th minute after a goal by Yura Movsisyan. Movsisyan took a high arching into the box by Albert Rusn�k and headed it through.
Updated March 18, 2017