Galaxy get 1st win behind Boateng's goal in 74th minute
European Football Headlines
- Guardiola uses Man City trophy win to back Catalonia protest
- PAOK vs. Olympiakos cancelled as paper roll hits coach
- League Cup: Man City old guard help Guardiola win 1st trophy
- PSG striker Neymar off on stretcher after twisting ankle
- Portuguese leader Porto routs Portimonense 5-1
- Atletico routs Sevilla 5-2, continues its chase of Barcelona
- AC Milan academy graduates shine v Roma; Juventus snowed out
- City lifts League Cup in style; United beats Chelsea 2-1
- Cologne beats Leipzig to boost Bundesliga survival hopes
- With 2 handshakes, Mourinho-Conte feud appears over
SANDY, Utah (AP) Emmanuel Boateng found the inside of the net for what turned out to be the game-winner in the 74th minute and Los Angeles earned its first win of the year 2-1 against Real Salt Lake on Saturday night.
Boateng's goal was set up by Romain Alessandrini who drew the defense around him on the right side of the box before firing a pass to the opposite side to a streaking Boateng who beat goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
Alessandrini also assisted on the Galaxy's (1-2-0) first goal, which tied the score at one in the 69th minute. Alessandrini found Romney with a cross to the middle of the box, who then fired a left-footed shot just under the crossbar.
Real Salt Lake (0-2-1) took an early lead in the 18th minute after a goal by Yura Movsisyan. Movsisyan took a high arching into the box by Albert Rusn�k and headed it through.
Updated March 18, 2017