Galaxy get 1st win behind Boateng's goal in 74th minute
European Football Headlines
- Former FIFA boss Blatter revels in visit to Putin, World Cup
- Iceland has to beware comedown from Argentina high
- The Latest: A 2-on-1 plan for Neymar, but nothing rough
- Neymar to start in unchanged Brazil team to face Costa Rica
- Australia gets crucial 1-1 draw with Denmark at World Cup
- On a roll in Russia, Mexico begs World Cup fans to behave
- World Cup stars mostly stifled, with 1 Portuguese exception
- Fearless Loftus-Cheek set for England chance at World Cup
- More than ever, and without a team, it is China's World Cup
- Messi dogged by Ronaldo, history as Argentina meets Croatia
SANDY, Utah (AP) Emmanuel Boateng found the inside of the net for what turned out to be the game-winner in the 74th minute and Los Angeles earned its first win of the year 2-1 against Real Salt Lake on Saturday night.
Boateng's goal was set up by Romain Alessandrini who drew the defense around him on the right side of the box before firing a pass to the opposite side to a streaking Boateng who beat goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
Alessandrini also assisted on the Galaxy's (1-2-0) first goal, which tied the score at one in the 69th minute. Alessandrini found Romney with a cross to the middle of the box, who then fired a left-footed shot just under the crossbar.
Real Salt Lake (0-2-1) took an early lead in the 18th minute after a goal by Yura Movsisyan. Movsisyan took a high arching into the box by Albert Rusn�k and headed it through.
Updated March 18, 2017