Galaxy get 1st win behind Boateng's goal in 74th minute
European Football Headlines
- FIFA's video review system under scrutiny again in Russia
- Saief, Dwyer, Rolda and Rowe among US Gold Cup newcomers
- Germany reaches Confed Cup semis amid more replay confusion
- Chile draws with Australia to reach Confed Cup semifinals
- Brazilian super-volunteer is back -- at her 2nd Confed Cup
- Russia has reasons for optimism despite Confed Cup exit
- Kashiwa Reysol maintains J-League lead with win over Sapporo
- European champion Portugal is not only about Ronaldo
- Timbers meet rival Sounders again
- Ronaldo scores, Portugal eases past New Zealand 4-0
SANDY, Utah (AP) Emmanuel Boateng found the inside of the net for what turned out to be the game-winner in the 74th minute and Los Angeles earned its first win of the year 2-1 against Real Salt Lake on Saturday night.
Boateng's goal was set up by Romain Alessandrini who drew the defense around him on the right side of the box before firing a pass to the opposite side to a streaking Boateng who beat goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
Alessandrini also assisted on the Galaxy's (1-2-0) first goal, which tied the score at one in the 69th minute. Alessandrini found Romney with a cross to the middle of the box, who then fired a left-footed shot just under the crossbar.
Real Salt Lake (0-2-1) took an early lead in the 18th minute after a goal by Yura Movsisyan. Movsisyan took a high arching into the box by Albert Rusn�k and headed it through.
Updated March 18, 2017