Galaxy get 1st win behind Boateng's goal in 74th minute
European Football Headlines
- Boufal's late goal lifts Southampton over West Brom
- Bayern exploits Dortmund slump to move level in Bundesliga
- City only unbeaten EPL side after Man U lose at Huddersfield
- Aguero ties Man City career goal mark in win over Burnley
- Man United loses to Huddersfield for first time in 65 years
- Barcelona chief backs Catalan leaders in clash with Spain
- Stoke drops into bottom 3 after losing to Bournemouth in EPL
- Newcastle beats Crystal Palace 1-0 in EPL
- England beats US 4-1 to reach U-17 World Cup semifinals
- Balde and Falcao score as Monaco beats Caen 2-0 in Ligue 1
SANDY, Utah (AP) Emmanuel Boateng found the inside of the net for what turned out to be the game-winner in the 74th minute and Los Angeles earned its first win of the year 2-1 against Real Salt Lake on Saturday night.
Boateng's goal was set up by Romain Alessandrini who drew the defense around him on the right side of the box before firing a pass to the opposite side to a streaking Boateng who beat goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
Alessandrini also assisted on the Galaxy's (1-2-0) first goal, which tied the score at one in the 69th minute. Alessandrini found Romney with a cross to the middle of the box, who then fired a left-footed shot just under the crossbar.
Real Salt Lake (0-2-1) took an early lead in the 18th minute after a goal by Yura Movsisyan. Movsisyan took a high arching into the box by Albert Rusn�k and headed it through.
Updated March 18, 2017