Ramirez, Hairston trade goals within a minute to force tie
European Football Headlines
- Dempsey hat trick lifts US over Honduras 6-0 to rebound
- Hernandez, Araujo score in 1st half, Mexico beats Costa Rica
- New Zealand beats Fiji 2-0 in World Cup qualifier
- Howard, Dempsey, Cameron return under Arena vs Honduras
- Spain and Italy level atop group as are Spain and Ireland
- Irish player breaks leg in European qualifier against Wales
- Ireland draws 10-man Wales; Serbia moves top of Group D
- Spain and Italy win home games to say in front in Group G
- Croatia tops table with 1-0 win over Ukraine, Iceland 2nd
- Italy match halted for 9 mins as Albania fans throw flares
DENVER (AP) Minnesota United's Christian Ramirez scored in the 58th minute to give it its first ever lead as a franchise, but Marlon Hairston answered for Colorado one minute later to force a 2-2 draw between the two sides on Saturday night.
Minnesota (0-2-1), playing in its inaugural MLS season, had been outscored 11-2 through two games this season. But Ramirez gave it its first ever lead in the 58th minute, taking a centering pass from Jerome Thiesson to nail in a header by goalkeeper Tim Howard.
However the lead did not last, as Marlon Hairston immediately answered with his first score of 2017 which tied it at two. Marc Burch earned an assist on the play.
The Rapids (1-1-1) had a shot to win in stoppage time, but Alan Gordon's right-footed shot sailed high.
Dominique Badji scored in the 17th minute to give Colorado a 1-0 lead which they carried into halftime. Kevin Molino drilled through the equalizer via penalty kick in the 50th minute for Minnesota United.
Updated March 18, 2017