Steelers LB Shazier undergoes spinal stabilization surgery
- Ex-Dolphins owner Huizenga dies at 80
- Arrest warrant out for Eagles DE Bennett
- Cowboys add ex-Jags WR Hurns for 2 years
- 10 rules proposals on table for owners
- Dolphins sign QB Osweiler to 1-year deal
PITTSBURGH (AP) Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier underwent surgery on Wednesday night to stabilize his spine.
The team announced Thursday Drs. David Okonkwo and Joseph Maroon performed the surgery after Shazier was transferred from a hospital in Cincinnati to one in Pittsburgh.
The 25-year-old Shazier suffered the injury while hitting Cincinnati's Josh Malone in the first quarter of Pittsburgh's 23-20 victory over the Bengals on Monday night. Shazier motioned to his lower back immediately following the hit and was taken off the field on a stretcher.
The team offered no additional update on Shazier.
For more NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated December 7, 2017