London says he wants release from Michigan State
- New Sooners DC says turnaround underway
- Rutgers names Terps' Buh to run defense
- Indiana hires veteran assistant as OC
- Florida hires ex-NFL assistant Gray
- Duke hires Taylor to coach WRs
DETROIT (AP) Michigan State running back Madre London says he wants his release from the program.
In a message posted on Twitter on Friday, London said he'll be graduating in May and has decided not to stay with the Spartans for his final year of eligibility.
London had 304 yards on 83 carries this past season, and with LJ Scott returning to the Michigan State backfield, it's not clear how big a role he would have had next season. London rushed for 500 yards on 119 attempts as a redshirt freshman, but those remain his career highs for a season.
More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 .
Updated February 9, 2018