Florida Gulf Coast graduate transfer Johnson to join Miami
- Vols up to No. 1 in AP poll, Duke No. 2
- No. 6 Spartans set to host No. 13 Terps
- No. 10 Hokies face test at No. 11 UNC
- No. 9 KU aims for payback vs. No. 24 ISU
- Capel, Pitt set for Coach K, No. 2 Duke
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) Florida Gulf Coast graduate transfer Zach Johnson says he will play his final college season for the Miami Hurricanes, his hometown team.
Johnson announced his plans Thursday on Twitter. A 6-2 guard, he was a three-year starter at Florida Gulf Coast, averaging 16.1 points last season while shooting 47 percent and making 69 3-pointers. He was a teammate of Hurricanes forward Dewan Huell at Miami Norland High School.
The Hurricanes added two other transfers earlier this month: former Oklahoma guard Kameron McGusty, and former Wyoming guard Anthony Mack.
For more AP college basketball coverage: http://collegebasketball.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated April 19, 2018