Marshall scores 31 to lift Xavier over St. John's 84-73
- G Langford out again for No. 1 Spartans
- Winston, Howard top AP All-America team
- UConn G Bouknight faces several charges
- Second man charged in death of Emmett
- Spartans preseason No. 1 for first time
JAMAICA, N.Y. (AP) Naji Marshall had a career-high 31 points as Xavier got past St. John's 84-73 on Thursday night.
Marshall hit 10 of 12 from the free throw line.
Quentin Goodin had 13 points for Xavier (16-13, 8-8 Big East Conference), which won its fifth consecutive game. Zach Hankins added 11 points and seven rebounds. Tyrique Jones had 11 points and 10 rebounds for the visitors.
Xavier plays Butler on the road on Tuesday. St. John's takes on DePaul on the road on Sunday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated February 28, 2019