Richmond cruised in 81-68 win over Duquesne in A10 2nd round
- Mack embraces challenge at Louisville
- Lawyer: Head coaches knew of payouts
- Washington facing raised expectations
- Kentucky preseason pick to win SEC title
- Duke reloaded with more touted freshmen
WASHINGTON (AP) Jacob Gilyard scored 20 points, Nick Sherod had 17 and Richmond cruised to an 81-68 victory over Duquesne on Thursday night in the second round of the Atlantic 10 Conference Tournament.
The seventh-seeded Spiders (12-19) advance to a Friday quarterfinal game against No. 2 seed St. Bonaventure (24-6).
Richmond opened the game on a 16-5 run, built a 41-33 halftime lead and never trailed. Duquesne pulled to 53-45 with 13 minutes left, but the Spiders answered with a 14-3 surge and led by double digits the rest of the way.
Rene Castro-Caneddy scored 17 points and Mike Lewis II added 14 for No. 10 seed Duquesne.
Updated March 8, 2018